Why I'm not stressing.
(06-07-2019, 11:18 AM)Squid Wrote:
(06-07-2019, 11:11 AM)Statto Wrote:
(06-07-2019, 10:40 AM)The liquidator Wrote: Like I said some of our fans would accept them dry bumming their wife as long as they represent Albion

(06-07-2019, 10:39 AM)Statto Wrote:
(06-07-2019, 09:11 AM)The liquidator Wrote: This is more to do with not appointing somebody when Moore was sacked incompetence at its best name another industry where you sack the man to lead you without having a replacement . This is in a multimillion pound business at stake with 170 million on the table .......only at West Brom Jenkins and co are a fucking disgrace and should be hounded out utter cunts the lot of them .

There are loads of industries and have been millions of occasions where people get sacked without a replacement.

It generally happens when you don't want or expect to have to do it. Dowling had clearly identified that something needed to change and that Jones was the fly in the ointment. Moore was given three opportunities to bin Jones after it was clear he was going to Luton. The third time he refused, he took the bullet with Jones. if he'd binned Jones, he'd have kept his job.

You haven't answered the question about what they should have said.

You've also responded with another Farage-esque soundbite that means fuck all.

"Jenkins and co are a fucking disgrace and should be hounded out utter cunts the lot of them"

Who exactly do you want to go?
What are the exact reasons they should go?
Who do you want to replace them?
Why are the people you want better suited?
What will they do to improve the situation?

If you don't know the answers to those, you just waving another Father Ted placard saying "Down with this sort of thing", which serves no purpose whatsoever.
I'm not in the football industry but I guarentee there better people we could get in its like you have just gave in to these wankers .........they have cost us promotion imo.

No answers then. Your prerogative.  

Interesting that not being on the football industry absolves you of the responsibility to back up your opinions, but you still feel qualified to comment in such aggressive tones on the situation.

I blame Lai, then Williams and Goodman. They've rightly gone for the absolute clusterfuck of Pulis' new contract and the Pardew appointment, which was the most damaging thing in all of this. Jenkins wasn't here at that time, although you wouldn't think so listening to social media. 

I reluctantly accept that Jenkins is the right man financially as we are sound, but we are at the point it could go dangerously wrong if we spunk money. I blame Lai for giving him complete control but do make some allowance that Jenkins has been left holding the baby, including some things that he shouldn't have to do. People fire at Jenkins for not sacking Pardew sooner, but that's very much hindsight being 20/20 and I make allowance for the absolute shitstorm he walked back into.

I do not blame Jenkins for our relegation, or us not getting promotion.

I blame Moore for appointing Jones, Jones for his behaviour and tactics, and Moore for not keeping Jones in his box and then not binning him when it was right to do so. I firmly believe Moore and Shan would have seen us promoted.

Dowling is still unknown. This will make or break him. He hasn't done enough to be blindly backed, but he hasn't done enough to be written off as useless. He saw the problems we had last year and tried to address them, but Moore would have it so he fired the bullets. I think Jokanovic let him down, but he may be culpable for not seeing that coming given what happened with Stoke and Forest.

We have no choice but to wait and see, but whatever he does it won't please everyone.  We'll certainly know by next May. Hopefully not any sooner.

Exactly right.

Those wondering why we're not aflame with protest, it's because there are plenty worse off...

Like Coventry, who will be playing at St Andrews next season:
https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/...y-16393082

So that gives them a free pass does it
(06-07-2019, 12:14 PM)The liquidator Wrote: So that gives them a free pass does it

If they get this right, it will be fair to say Bridges have been built.

The problem with the " Jenkins is a cunt" approach is that the actual specifics get lost in the general noise.

For example, there is nothing wrong with early bird pricing on season tickets.

The single specific issue was the lack of a window for STH to have rights to keep their seat at the higher price after the early bird window had finished.

That got lost amongst the "those cunts are blackmailing me" vitriol. It could have been sorted in May ready for a couple of days window in June, had it been addressed properly.
(06-07-2019, 12:33 PM)Statto Wrote:
(06-07-2019, 12:14 PM)The liquidator Wrote: So that gives them a free pass does it

If they get this right, it will be fair to say Bridges have been built.

The problem with the " Jenkins is a cunt" approach is that the actual specifics get lost in the general noise.

For example, there is nothing wrong with early bird pricing on season tickets.

The single specific issue was the lack of a window for STH to have rights to keep their seat at the higher price after the early bird window had finished.

That got lost amongst the "those cunts are blackmailing me" vitriol. It could have been sorted in May ready for a couple of days window in June, had it been addressed properly.

The fans shouting for Jenkins' head would not give a hoot about season tickets if we'd employed Jokanovic for big amounts and were splashing the cash higher and yon on players.

That's what they are really aggrieved about. To them, not spending like Viv Nicholson means "we lack ambition".
I don't care about the season tickets issue mine is not appointing a manager when DM was sacked .we should have got a experienced manager in until the end of the season in with a lucrative bonus for getting us up .........Let's be honest they wanted it on the cheap and it has cost us 170 million that's the harsh truth in the matter its unforgivable .
(06-07-2019, 12:56 PM)The liquidator Wrote: I don't care about the season tickets issue mine is not appointing a manager when DM was sacked .we should have got a experienced manager in until the end of the season in with a lucrative bonus for getting us up .........Let's be honest they wanted it on the cheap and it has cost us 170 million that's the harsh truth in the matter its unforgivable .

Prove we'd have got promoted.
(06-07-2019, 01:02 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(06-07-2019, 12:56 PM)The liquidator Wrote: I don't care about the season tickets issue mine is not appointing a manager when DM was sacked .we should have got a experienced manager in until the end of the season in with a lucrative bonus for getting us up .........Let's be honest they wanted it on the cheap and it has cost us 170 million that's the harsh truth in the matter its unforgivable .

Ok do you thi k we would have had a better chance instead of a rookie putting the cones out how you can defend these charlatans is beyond me
Just add another one to the list who we are talking to Rui Almeida.
(06-07-2019, 01:07 PM)The liquidator Wrote:

Ok do you thi k we would have had a better chance instead of a rookie putting the cones out how you can defend these charlatans is beyond me

Two things cost us a play off final place IMO - 1, A dodgy Ref 2, A cheat called Jack.
(06-07-2019, 12:04 PM)clem4england Wrote:
(06-07-2019, 06:21 AM)Peachy Wrote:
(06-07-2019, 06:13 AM)clem4england Wrote: I am not stressed about it but the point a couple of days ago that the profile and style of all of the potential candidates is so varied that we don’t appear to have a clear idea of how we want to play is certainly very valid.

But wouldn't we leave the "style" of play up to the manager? What's it got to do with Dowling/Jenkins how we play?

Surely it's right that we look for the best candidates from a managerial sense and then leave it up to him to determine is own system.

We've had plenty of successful seasons down the years by loads of different managers playing hugely varying styles of football.

Megson, RDM, Mowbray, Clarke, Pulis etc all played different styles and systems.
Obviously tactics are up to the manager but they need to decide if we are going for a win-at-all costs / pragmatic / defence first type (say Allardyce) or a progressive / possession-based manager otherwise we end up with a Mel / Jones situation where the new man may well want to play a brand of football totally unsuited to the players at their disposal unless he is backed to overhaul the squad.

Many continental teams / Swansea of yesteryear have a style throughout the club and they pick a coach that fits that style and buys into it.

Quite it’s not exactly rocket science is it? You decide as a club which style of play you wish to adopt, embrace it and deploy it throughout the club. Young kids may need a different approach depending upon the style but a scatter gun approach to choosing a manager etc shows a lack of planning. 

Vic Buckingham for heavens sake introduced the idea to Barca and ourselves but since then we have regressed.
(06-07-2019, 01:07 PM)The liquidator Wrote:

Maybe, depends who it was, they'd have had to be available and interested. Wasn't a wide range of people really.