Dickhead In-ger-lund fans
I know ar. Fockin shirters
Just spoken to a mate who flew to Portugal today. Told me he was on flight with men dressed in 'English Defence League Merton division' t-shirts who were all singing 'No surrender'. Makes you wonder how they were allowed on the flight in the first place.

Check what Matt Law said. It’s a joke ain’t it!

I wouldn't be sorry to see England forfeit tonight's game v Holland and go home, out of consideration for the people of Porto and Guimaraes. Failing that, they should stop playing away games until the safety of local people can be guaranteed.

Paul Hayward
One of my relatives is out there, he's having a whale of a time.
Is it me or is England regressing? At one point it looked like this nationalistic jingoism was in the past. Now thanks imo to Brexit giving a voice / credibility to nationalistic loons it’s back again and the UK’s reputation is back in the gutter.

I’m expecting the usual bollocks about the police being mean and pesky foreign hooligans goading the poor misunderstood Ingurland fan.
(06-06-2019, 12:13 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Is it me or is England regressing? At one point it looked like this nationalistic jingoism was in the past. Now thanks imo to Brexit giving a voice / credibility to nationalistic loons it’s back again and the UK’s reputation is back in the gutter.

I’m expecting the usual bollocks about the police being mean and pesky foreign hooligans goading the poor misunderstood Ingurland fan.

Without doubt there are a number of English football fans who go looking for trouble and are as described in this thread. However, having been to Euro 92 in Sweden and subsequently every finals (that England qualified for) up to 2006 including away qualifiers then you are absolutely right, Dekka. Could also give you first hand accounts about our press doing things to goad trouble too. 

There are normally two sides to every story and, as said, England have a number of embarrassing supporters/hooligans who I would condemn as quickly as the next man. To think that opposing fans, heavy handed (foreign policing) and our own press have had no impact on any trouble England fans have been  involved in is not 'usual bollocks' but plain simple facts.
Stag do / idiot mentality that comes out for games that are easily accessible - you won’t see these fans in kosovo, Russia, Montenegro etc
(06-06-2019, 12:58 PM)WorcBaggie Wrote:
(06-06-2019, 12:13 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Is it me or is England regressing? At one point it looked like this nationalistic jingoism was in the past. Now thanks imo to Brexit giving a voice / credibility to nationalistic loons it’s back again and the UK’s reputation is back in the gutter.

Without doubt there are a number of English football fans who go looking for trouble and are as described in this thread. However, having been to Euro 92 in Sweden and subsequently every finals (that England qualified for) up to 2006 including away qualifiers then you are absolutely right, Dekka. Could also give you first hand accounts about our press doing things to goad trouble too. 

There are normally two sides to every story and, as said, England have a number of embarrassing supporters/hooligans who I would condemn as quickly as the next man. To think that opposing fans, heavy handed (foreign policing) and our own press have had no impact on any trouble England fans have been  involved in is not 'usual bollocks' but plain simple facts.

I’m sure they have but ultimately you have a choice to join in or not. I’ve let myself down behaviour wise, usually due to alcohol but I did have a choice to walk away, not get involved, drink too much etc. 

I’ve been to three England matches and I didn’t enjoy the culture at all so I’m a tad biased Wink
There always has been and always will be a certain amount of trouble at England games, big or small. There will always be knobheads. But don't forget that you're seeing it because of one key element. Media.

Does Brexit have to be brought up in everything?!
(06-06-2019, 01:05 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(06-06-2019, 12:58 PM)WorcBaggie Wrote:

I’m sure they have but ultimately you have a choice to join in or not. I’ve let myself down behaviour wise, usually due to alcohol but I did have a choice to walk away, not get involved, drink too much etc. 

I’ve been to three England matches and I didn’t enjoy the culture at all so I’m a tad biased Wink

I stopped going for a number of reasons but quite readily admit I couldn't stand the behaviour of some and on 2 separate occasions was trapped where the trouble was (not that I got involved)

The worst was away in Italy in 1997, the 0-0 game. As members of the England Members Club (as it was then called) we had tickets for our own end. However, based on the absolute shit storm our lot were causing at the opposite end of the stadium (the authorities had left one section unsold for fans turning up without tickets) the police could not care who they hit or mistreated where we were. Plenty of fans not putting up with it. The walk back from the stadium to the centre of Rome was absolute carnage and we were lucky to come away unscathed.
(06-06-2019, 01:11 PM)The Real PK Wrote: There always has been and always will be a certain amount of trouble at England games, big or small. There will always be knobheads. But don't forget that you're seeing it because of one key element. Media.

Does Brexit have to be brought up in everything?!
Only if it can be used as a negative.
Flag shagging,misogynistic,covidiot,anitvax gammon.
Or just a normal white bloke.