Reports Villa want a new Goalkeeper
Meh. Stay or go, I'm not overly bothered. We could do better. But we could a lot worse, I guess.
Clarnet v2.0
Doesn't command his box at all - not even the 6 yard box!  

Communication poor. 

A significant number of shots you would expect to be saved fly past him. 

There are plenty of keepers out there. 

I'd sell for £10m.  

Bond looks a safe pair of hands.
If they've got that billionaire backer and Mendes advising, I'd be surprised if they came in for any of our players.
(06-02-2019, 08:03 PM)Hopalong Wrote: Doesn't command his box at all - not even the 6 yard box!  

Communication poor. 

A significant number of shots you would expect to be saved fly past him. 

There are plenty of keepers out there. 

I'd sell for £10m.  

Bond looks a safe pair of hands.

Wasn't blown away by his cup performance against Brighton at home.
The problem is clear that following Foster is akin to the managers following Ferguson. Foster was the best keeper in our history, many will say.
Anyway I think Johnston is sound but wouldn’t blame him if Villa came knocking. He’s clearly appreciated by them.
(06-02-2019, 08:06 PM)chasetownbaggie Wrote: If they've got that billionaire backer and Mendes advising, I'd be surprised if they came in for any of our players.

They can't spend it. They will be restricted by FFP wage constraints. They will have to build gradually.
(06-02-2019, 06:46 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(06-02-2019, 06:38 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(06-02-2019, 05:56 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Johnstones biggest crime is following Foster. Whoever we had in goal last season would have been labelled shit, I mean, we had people saying he was the worst keeper ever after one game on here.

I'd sell him for decent money just to prove a point.

That would be me.

I said he was shit after 1 game, and whilst he did have some good games,, he had some bad ones.

He doesn't command his box, is dodgy on long range shots, and is uncomfortable playing the ball, 

He looked good playing a Villa defence with John Terry in it. He found his true level with Bartley and Dawson in front of him

Fun fact: Johnstone made more saves than any keeper in the league last season.

Another fun fact: he’s twenty fucking six. Keepers generally don’t peak for at least another six years. Needs to do some serious work on his footwork but the ability is clearly there. 

Don’t get the Bond love-in either. Palmed a good few shots into dangerous areas when he did get a go.
(06-02-2019, 08:37 PM)Malcolm Tucker Wrote:
(06-02-2019, 06:46 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(06-02-2019, 06:38 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(06-02-2019, 05:56 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Johnstones biggest crime is following Foster. Whoever we had in goal last season would have been labelled shit, I mean, we had people saying he was the worst keeper ever after one game on here.

I'd sell him for decent money just to prove a point.

That would be me.

I said he was shit after 1 game, and whilst he did have some good games,, he had some bad ones.

He doesn't command his box, is dodgy on long range shots, and is uncomfortable playing the ball, 

He looked good playing a Villa defence with John Terry in it. He found his true level with Bartley and Dawson in front of him

Fun fact: Johnstone made more saves than any keeper in the league last season.

Another fun fact: he’s twenty fucking six. Keepers generally don’t peak for at least another six years. Needs to do some serious work on his footwork but the ability is clearly there. 

Don’t get the Bond love-in either. Palmed a good few shots into dangerous areas when he did get a go.

So there is more to come??
(06-02-2019, 07:53 PM)Big Daddy Cool Wrote:
(06-02-2019, 07:29 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote:
(06-02-2019, 07:13 PM)Toby Jugg Wrote:
(06-02-2019, 02:28 PM)Albion Wrote: Reports in today’s papers indicate Villa want to purchase a new Goalkeeper. They’ve been linked to Butland, I’d be very surprised if Johnstone wasn’t linked with a move there.

Question is hypothetically speaking, would you sell? If so, how much for? And who would you replace him with.

Would you sell: Yes
Price: £12-15m
Replacement: Bond (Spend money in other areas of team)

I don't know you at all but ffs you really need to get a life mate.

How old are you?

I dip and out of this board but you seem to have a real problem.

I fear for you sanity mate.

He was 65 earlier this year believe or not.  Tongue

Are you two friends?

No I don't know him, we used to be though - before you deafed me out you old devil.
(06-02-2019, 08:50 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote:
(06-02-2019, 07:53 PM)Big Daddy Cool Wrote:
(06-02-2019, 07:29 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote:
(06-02-2019, 07:13 PM)Toby Jugg Wrote:
(06-02-2019, 02:28 PM)Albion Wrote: Reports in today’s papers indicate Villa want to purchase a new Goalkeeper. They’ve been linked to Butland, I’d be very surprised if Johnstone wasn’t linked with a move there.

Question is hypothetically speaking, would you sell? If so, how much for? And who would you replace him with.

Would you sell: Yes
Price: £12-15m
Replacement: Bond (Spend money in other areas of team)

I don't know you at all but ffs you really need to get a life mate.

How old are you?

I dip and out of this board but you seem to have a real problem.

I fear for you sanity mate.

He was 65 earlier this year believe or not.  Tongue

Are you two friends?

No I don't know him, we used to be though - before you deafed me out you old devil.

You don't know him, but you used to be friends?