Liking your friend, but hating their clubs
There's a decent work related mate I bump into and he's a Viler. I just found myself wishing him good luck for Monday. I immediately felt remorse as I left the room.
Although I have several good Villa mates, I want nothing more than them to be abjectly disappointed on Monday evening and their club to be spiralling out of control to the low echelons of the league. However, I feel saying that would be inflammatory. Explaining my contempt of their club would not be from the How To Win Friends and Influence People course.
Despite this I do feel unclean for my words of encouragement.
I have had similar situations in the past and all I've said is 'I hope you get the result you want'. I know it's essentially the same as wishing them good luck but I couldn't actually bring myself to say it.
Don't have that problem, my workmates who are into football are Manure, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal and all think football grounds are 52" I just need Man City for the set.
My son-in-law asked if I would be supporting the vile Monday, I gave him exactly the response he was expecting!
He’s a 6’5” security guard and got 30 years on me, but he knows I’d still pan him one if he got on my tits!

Come on Derby!
I don't have that problem either, during my 75 years, I have worked with many of them & met many of them socially, I can honestly say I have never met one that I would want to call a friend, deluded seal wankers to the core.   Angry

Come on Frank Lampard's Derby County.

SOTV
I work witha Villa fan. I thought they were decent.

Until they started mocking our performance in the first leg and said they'd never seen 10 behind the ball like it.

They're like the aliens in V. They may appear normal but they're fisheating deluded underneath.

I could not bear it if they went up, but the stars all seem to be aligning for them.
(05-24-2019, 12:53 PM)Squid Wrote: I work witha Villa fan. I thought they were decent.

Until they started mocking our performance in the first leg and said they'd never seen 10 behind the ball like it.

They're like the aliens in V. They may appear normal but they're fisheating deluded underneath.

I could not bear it if they went up, but the stars all seem to be aligning for them.

Absolutely, the fucking delusion will always come out eventually.
Theres a page on the BBC site which lets you pick your combined Villa/Derby XI so I've just picked mine:

Roos, Bogle, Keogh, Tomori, Cole, Johnson, Mount, Wilson, Lawrence, Holmes, Marriott

Big Grin
(05-24-2019, 12:53 PM)Squid Wrote: I work witha Villa fan. I thought they were decent.

Problem is we judge them by the lowest denominator. Two partisan sets of fans will see two completely different games.
Only neutrals who watched those games can be trusted.
The idiots who called us too defensive are tools. Accept that. To be fair most of the Vilers I've spoken to have been honest that they were fortunate.
Got a few Villa mates.

Good lads until discussion moves to football then all but one of them are cunts, one is sometimes a cunt, but sometimes pretty reasonable.