Rodriguez
(05-23-2019, 10:10 AM)Dumbo Wrote:
(05-23-2019, 10:03 AM)Black penny Wrote:
(05-23-2019, 09:56 AM)Dumbo Wrote: Should we keep a guy that scored 25 goals for us last season, knowing his partner who scored 25 goals last season won't be coming back?

Errr, if we can, yes.

I don't think it's that simple, he had offers last season? Because we had stood by him with the Bong you smell issues, he felt he owed us a season to try and get us back up. If he wants to stay great, but if he wants to get back to the PL and double his salary, sadly IMO we have to let him go.

You must have missed my last sentence.

So it really is, that simple then?   Rolleyes
(05-23-2019, 10:28 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: On ability you keep him.

On age, length of contract remaining and resale value, you may have to recycle the cash.

He is worth a lot less this time next year.

This is where we have fallen short in so many of the previous seasons.

Clubs like Southampton in the Premier League and to a less extent Brentford in the Championship are making a model out of it.

It's not about who you sell but being able to replace them with the right player.
(05-23-2019, 10:36 AM)Lightnin Wrote:

On age, length of contract remaining and resale value, you may have to recycle the cash.

Clubs like Southampton in the Premier League and to a less extent Brentford in the Championship are making a model out of it.

It's not about who you sell but being able to replace them with the right player.

You could argue they started circling the drain with this model, they will eventually drop following this model IMO.
In the form of his life.
(05-23-2019, 10:38 AM)Midget In A Pinstripe Suit Wrote:
(05-23-2019, 10:36 AM)Lightnin Wrote:

You could argue they started circling the drain with this model, they will eventually drop following this model IMO.

But they have a boatload of cash to spunk if they do get relegated. One of our nightmares is them coming down, they could afford to do a Newcastle, and stay within FFP
(05-23-2019, 10:28 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: On ability you keep him.

This is true. I think it will be wages as well. I have my suspicions* that even on flex-down, he's on 50k a week. Will a lower end PL club pay that?

*Evans was offered 108k a week to make him the club's highest paid player. So presumably J-Rod is in the neighbourhood of 50% of that. Plus to quote Alan Nixon "Big Jay Rod is on huge money".

There's a lot of talk of "gentlemen's agreements, but in truth a lot of our ex-PL players are on wages they would not get else where.
Would think J Rod is on similar to what Gayle is getting. If we can`t continue to pay that then we have to sell, though I dread to think who we will buy to replace him.
(05-23-2019, 09:48 AM)Big Daddy Cool Wrote:
(05-23-2019, 09:46 AM)Duffers Wrote:
(05-23-2019, 09:26 AM)Big Daddy Cool Wrote: Reckon we can keep him for next season?

Turning 30 this summer. Can't see a PL team spending big money on him.

Yeah, definitely another Ziz...

I'm not Ziz/Albion/Brunty/Big_Dave/Remi Moses whatever other name he comes up with thank you very much.

Of course you aren’t...
Whilst I like him, I do think now is the time to move him on, especially if he's on big money. Not getting any younger and we won't win as many penalties next year. Could still get 20 goals next year depending on our system and who he's playing with but I wouldn't bet on it.
I’d keep him.  Even accounting for pens - that’s a decent return

I just thought his general/ linkman play would be better in the Champ
(05-23-2019, 12:15 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(05-23-2019, 09:48 AM)Big Daddy Cool Wrote:
(05-23-2019, 09:46 AM)Duffers Wrote:
(05-23-2019, 09:26 AM)Big Daddy Cool Wrote: Reckon we can keep him for next season?

Turning 30 this summer. Can't see a PL team spending big money on him.

Yeah, definitely another Ziz...

I'm not Ziz/Albion/Brunty/Big_Dave/Remi Moses whatever other name he comes up with thank you very much.

Of course you aren’t...

Nick is that you ?