Who else is convinced Appleton has the job?
Can’t even get Appleton on some of the bookies which seems odd.
I have my suspicions too. Especially as no one else seems that keen to take the job.
(05-21-2019, 09:56 PM)Squid Wrote: I have my suspicions too. Especially as no one else seems that keen to take the job.

Years ago when the Albion job came available there would be numerous applicants, now nobody worth their salt seems to want to touch us with a barge pole you really do have to start to question why have we really become that toxic???
(05-22-2019, 03:52 AM)TETLEY74 Wrote:
(05-21-2019, 09:56 PM)Squid Wrote: I have my suspicions too. Especially as no one else seems that keen to take the job.

Years ago when the Albion job came available there would be numerous applicants, now nobody worth their salt seems to want to touch us with a barge pole you really do have to start to question why have we really become that toxic???

The candidates probably ask, "How much is the transfer budget?", response "Zero", candidate, "Ok goodbye".
I appreciate I’m in the minority but I would really like Appy to get it.

Obviously a very very good coach and is no shrinking violet re discipline. He’s got every badge there is and been through the mill with different clubs no doubt learning along the way.

We could just be the platform he needs for success.

I’d also be more than Appy to see Shan and Reid as assistants.
(05-22-2019, 05:22 AM)Wotty Wrote: I appreciate I’m in the minority but I would really like Appy to get it.

Obviously a very very good coach and is no shrinking violet re discipline. He’s got every badge there is and been through the mill with different clubs no doubt learning along the way.

We could just be the platform he needs for success.

I’d also be more than Appy to see Shan and Reid as assistants.

I’ll join your minority - certainly not adverse to Appy, especially with the names being bounded about at the moment
(05-21-2019, 09:36 PM)MGalea Wrote: Can’t even get Appleton on some of the bookies which seems odd.

I thought the same. Scrolled down some weird & not so wonderful names on Skybet but Appleton was nowhere to be seen. Strange.
I’d rather Shan than Appy.

But I’d rather Appy than Bowyer, Cowleyand O’neil.

I’d rather Hughton than all the above though but I’d rather Jokanovic that Hughton.

Yes.
(05-22-2019, 06:52 AM)Dumbo Wrote: I’d rather Shan than Appy.

But I’d rather Appy than Bowyer, Cowleyand O’neil.

I’d rather Hughton than all the above though but I’d rather Jokanovic that Hughton.

Yes.

All of the above agreed, except Cowley who I'd have ahead of all but Jokanovic.
Can someone please tell me why, if Appleton had never played for this club at all and had no links to us, why he would be anywhere near consideration for this role?