Dowling interview and salute to Morrison
Just heard Dowling interviewed on WM and I thought he came across well.
The list makes sense too, in which he has said, there is a possibility these players could re-sign, therefore we may have not seen the last of James Morrison, one of the finest players of the past 30 years in the stripes. 
If it is the last time we see him, let us salute what he has done in a period where we stabilised as a Prem club for several years. He played a big role. It's a shame that maybe his days are numbered at this level due to the battle scars, which have taken a toll.
I think it's time that we as fans take a breather and don't call for Rip It Up and Start Again.
Think regardless of the backroom shenanigans, on the pitch there's plenty of hope due to the biggest crop of youngsters that are being raved about in many moons and we've some wise heads with quality.
I hope we can keep the nucleus of 5 or 6 players, sell only two or three, and some of these young lads come through and make the grade.
Tearing the squad apart is what Saunders did in 86 and we know what happened next.
Morrison has been a great player for us, and has been handsomely rewarded for it.

It’s a testament to him that over a decade after he signed, it still rang true that we only played well if he played well.

Probably not quite ready to be classed as a legend as there were always question marks around his attitude (particularly with injuries), but anyone who bangs out Saido deserves to remembered fondly.
(05-17-2019, 06:42 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: Morrison has been a great player for us, and has been handsomely rewarded for it.

It’s a testament to him that over a decade after he signed, it still rang true that we only played well if he played well.

Probably not quite ready to be classed as a legend as there were always question marks around his attitude (particularly with injuries), but anyone  who bangs out Saido deserves to remembered fondly.

Deffo a legend for me.
That 12-13 team will be fondly remembered in years to come;

Foster; Reid, McAuley, Olsson, Ridgewell; Mulumbu, Yacob; Odemwingie, Morrison, Gera; Long (Lukaku)
(05-17-2019, 06:08 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: Just heard Dowling interviewed on WM and I thought he came across well.
The list makes sense too, in which he has said, there is a possibility these players could re-sign, therefore we may have not seen the last of James Morrison, one of the finest players of the past 30 years in the stripes. 
If it is the last time we see him, let us salute what he has done in a period where we stabilised as a Prem club for several years. He played a big role. It's a shame that maybe his days are numbered at this level due to the battle scars, which have taken a toll.
I think it's time that we as fans take a breather and don't call for Rip It Up and Start Again.
Think regardless of the backroom shenanigans, on the pitch there's plenty of hope due to the biggest crop of youngsters that are being raved about in many moons and we've some wise heads with quality.
I hope we can keep the nucleus of 5 or 6 players, sell only two or three, and some of these young lads come through and make the grade.
Tearing the squad apart is what Saunders did in 86 and we know what happened next.

Much truth there, Spandeau. Those shouting for a complete clearout are probably throwing out the baby with the bathwater.

(05-17-2019, 06:42 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: Morrison has been a great player for us, and has been handsomely rewarded for it.

Probably not quite ready to be classed as a legend as there were always question marks around his attitude (particularly with injuries), but anyone  who bangs out Saido deserves to remembered fondly.

I think this may be overplayed. Mozza has had those niggling muscle tears that eventually worsen the muscles when not rested and eventually make any kind of peak fitness, unsustainable.   I think his attitude speaks for itself and can only imagine how frustrated he has been. Having said that, the club have recognised his abilities by continually giving him contract extensions. It makes sense now to say goodbye.  As you say, he decked Saido, so he clearly cares.

Sad that he appears to be nearly finished at 32.  

Not done much for us in the last few years. 

My personal favourite Morrison goal - as I was right behind the goal.  Dummies the dummy C**tis and smashes it past Foster with his wrong foot.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0KCOCqCOAk
Is this interview online at all? Don’t have access at the moment but would like to hear it.
My fave was United on New Years Day 2011, although I think we lost
My fave was a volley at Ewood Park under Woy.