Ollie Burke today
It depends on what league we're in next season. In the PL I'd say cash in. If we remain a Championship side then he could be worth giving a run.

Rodgers will be fantastic for his development. One of the best coaches in the game.
(02-10-2019, 05:40 PM)Bruntsmagicwand Wrote: Worth watching the highlights of Burke today, powerful and lightening fast, even some excellent final passes....looks like a different player

In a pub league
(02-10-2019, 08:15 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote:
(02-10-2019, 05:40 PM)Bruntsmagicwand Wrote: Worth watching the highlights of Burke today, powerful and lightening fast, even some excellent final passes....looks like a different player

In a pub league

Is that why we lost out on Van Dijk......
(02-10-2019, 08:08 PM)Brunty Wrote: It depends on what league we're in next season. In the PL I'd say cash in. If we remain a Championship side then he could be worth giving a run.

Rodgers will be fantastic for his development. One of the best coaches in the game.

I'd agree there. If we're still in the Championship next season, it'll be all hands on deck, so he will be needed.

He looked dire against the under 23s, dire. Hoolahan running rings around him.
Am I the only one who is pleased he is doing well and gaining some much needed experience?

He wasn't getting a kick for us and a loan was the perfect answer for all parties. He's playing competitive football and getting minutes. The level of opposition is irrelevant to me. He'll be gaining in confidence and learning when to do things and when not too.

He'll be up against Valencia on Thursday so that'll be another good test.

The better he plays the better it is for us.

The only thing I'm annoyed about is him spouting off how much he wants to move there permanently despite only being there a few weeks. He needs to shut his trap as he's ours and he's going to be coming back wether he likes it or not.
(02-10-2019, 09:16 PM)Peachy Wrote: Am I the only one who is pleased he is doing well and gaining some much needed experience?

He wasn't getting a kick for us and a loan was the perfect answer for all parties. He's playing competitive football and getting minutes. The level of opposition is irrelevant to me. He'll be gaining in confidence and learning when to do things and when not too.

The only thing I'm annoyed about is him spouting off how much he wants to move there permanently despite only being there a few weeks. He needs to shut his trap as he's ours and he's going to be coming back wether he likes it or not.

Young player goes out on loan to improve shocker! Of course it’s a good move for all concerned, he gets to play, we benefit from coaching at his loan club and they get a player who can perform at their level whilst looking to improve.
(02-10-2019, 08:34 PM)Bruntsmagicwand Wrote:
(02-10-2019, 08:15 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote:

In a pub league

Is that why we lost out on Van Dijk......

To Southampton
(02-10-2019, 09:16 PM)Peachy Wrote: Am I the only one who is pleased he is doing well and gaining some much needed experience?

To be fair, of course he wants to move their permanently. He wasn't even on our bench and our fans were moaning how shit he was despite him not really getting a decent crack of the whip.

At Celtic he's playing in front of 58,000 as a 21 year old striker and they absolutely love him.
(02-10-2019, 08:08 PM)Brunty Wrote: It depends on what league we're in next season. In the PL I'd say cash in. If we remain a Championship side then he could be worth giving a run.

Rodgo?

Like Hox said if they want to stump up the £15 mil they can have him. Otherwise, tell him to shut his trap as he's still property of West Bromwich Albion.
At some point someone is going to question legally like Bosman the legitimacy of transfer fee’s. No one should ‘own’ someone or their time and labour.