Hughton Sacked
No thank you
(05-13-2019, 08:57 AM)Wotty Wrote: No thank you

+1
He's free, but lacks qualifications - never played or coached here.
Unless we've got someone else lined up I can definitely see him coming in.

Pedigree for promotion.

Bit sketchy once up.

Not the long term appointment we need BUT the sort of appointment that Jenkins would love. I would be OK with it.

Will know Livermore very well so i'd reckon he'd become the captain if Chris arrives.

I actually went to school with his daughter so he used to rock up at my parents evenings 20 years ago.

The other thing for us to note is that Brighton may now take whoever we were eyeing up. Sly old Dan!
(05-13-2019, 08:33 AM)Lightnin Wrote: Brighton have sacked Hughton..... racists??

They have been shocking this season after significant investment and survived by the skin of their teeth.

Players seem to have stopped listening to him. 

Ideal for Pulis!   Tongue
(05-13-2019, 08:59 AM)Malcolm Tucker Wrote:

+1

Why, just out of interest?

As has been mentioned, has got 3 teams promoted to the Prem. Experienced and level-headed coach. 

Pretty much exactly what we're looking for imo
pulis mark 2
He's £2 million cheaper than Potter, tick.

His CV is more impressive than Potter, tick.

Jenkins will be on the phone, post haste.   Rolleyes
I think we enquired when he was at Blues, was keen but wanted to bring an Assistant Manager, two coaches, a fitness coach,youth coach and a chief scout or something, we had Clarke instead. Jenkins would be hunting around for old pound coins and foreign currency left over from the pre-season trips to Austria to pay for that lot!
(05-13-2019, 09:12 AM)Ishmael\s Right Foot Wrote:
(05-13-2019, 08:59 AM)Malcolm Tucker Wrote:

+1

Why, just out of interest?

As has been mentioned, has got 3 teams promoted to the Prem. Experienced and level-headed coach. 

Pretty much exactly what we're looking for imo

I completely concede he possesses certain relevant criteria that you mention.

I just can’t see what he’s about. His teams bore me. Does he have a philosophy that the club can believe in from top to bottom that’s progressive and ultimately successful? I don’t think so.
I’m not sure he spends money well when he has it.

Maybe I’m setting my sights too high.

I think it would be a lazy cheap and safe appointment. Safe in the way that people wouldn’t criticise.

A lot of it is down to the fact I don’t particularly like him. I’ve seen enough of him to know that. 
He also has absolutely zero personality which I appreciate some may say is irrelevant.