Siege mentality
Despite being the architects of our own downfall at certain key moments, the overwhelming response to the game rightly focuses on anger at dreadful refereeing decisions which, added to Villa’s usual luck and the arse-licking Sky coverage, leaves a bad taste in the collective Albion mouth.
 I can think of no better incentivisor than this for Tuesday night.
 The players will want to put things right. As for the fans, if ever there was a time to make the Hawthorns a hostile place, then this is it. 
We’ve never lost a home play-off semi-final game. Time for everyone to pull together and put the seal bastards in their place.
(05-11-2019, 05:17 PM)DemonicBaggie Wrote: Despite being the architects of our own downfall at certain key moments, the overwhelming response to the game rightly focuses on anger at dreadful refereeing decisions which, added to Villa’s usual luck and the arse-licking Sky coverage, leaves a bad taste in the collective Albion mouth.
 The players will want to put things right. As for the fans, if ever there was a time to make the Hawthorns a hostile place, then this is it. 
We’ve never lost a home play-off semi-final game. Time for everyone to pull together and put the seal bastards in their place.

+1
There seems a universal sense of injustice and a determined unity to get up the ground Tues and get right behind the team on this bored tonight instead of the usual pant wetting when we loose,,, long may it continue COYB
(05-11-2019, 05:19 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote:
(05-11-2019, 05:17 PM)DemonicBaggie Wrote: Despite being the architects of our own downfall at certain key moments, the overwhelming response to the game rightly focuses on anger at dreadful refereeing decisions which, added to Villa’s usual luck and the arse-licking Sky coverage, leaves a bad taste in the collective Albion mouth.

+1

Hopefully someone in the camp will be pressing the right buttons with the players. I reckon Appy will be doing that.
(05-11-2019, 05:20 PM)TETLEY74 Wrote: There seems a universal sense of injustice and a determined unity to get up the ground Tues and get right behind the team on this bored tonight instead of the usual pant wetting when we loose,,, long may it continue COYB

Plus 100
(05-11-2019, 05:27 PM)Josiah Kilby Wrote: I think we need to do exactly as the opening thread suggests, it’s time approach the home leg with the atttiude fuck off to Sky, Villa, local media, Chav Sport Radio etc just like Megson instilled. A one goal deficit is by no means insurmountable against them. The Milwall mantra of ‘no one likes us we don’t care’ springs to mind.
Unfortunately its more a case of " no one cares about us, MEH"
We are one of the most apathetic fan bases going and I am one of the worst.
Flag shagging,misogynistic,covidiot,anitvax gammon.
Or just a normal white bloke.
(05-11-2019, 05:43 PM)Josiah Kilby Wrote:
(05-11-2019, 05:32 PM)Man of Harlech Wrote:
(05-11-2019, 05:27 PM)Josiah Kilby Wrote: I think we need to do exactly as the opening thread suggests, it’s time approach the home leg with the atttiude fuck off to Sky, Villa, local media, Chav Sport Radio etc just like Megson instilled. A one goal deficit is by no means insurmountable against them. The Milwall mantra of ‘no one likes us we don’t care’ springs to mind.

I don’t think we will be apathetic on Tuesday and the only way to make them notice is to be a nuisance and not go away.
I hope you're right, but in all of my 40 odd years sentence of watching The Albion , the number of times we have actually seen our arses and protested are embarrassing small. 

Barmy Bobby at Shrewsbury
The Halfords  glass doors incident and that's about it.
Hell, we lose 2-4 to Woking and what do we do, carry their players shoulder high off the pitch and applaud their fans.
Te dogheads would have had multiple riots by that stage.
(05-11-2019, 05:54 PM)Man of Harlech Wrote:

I don’t think we will be apathetic on Tuesday and the only way to make them notice is to be a nuisance and not go away.
I hope you're right, but in all of my 40 odd years sentence of watching The Albion , the number of times we have actually seen our arses and protested are embarrassing small. 

Hell, we lose 2-4 to Woking and what do we do, carry their players shoulder high off the pitch and applaud their fans.

WHITE HANKIES
(05-11-2019, 05:57 PM)4-hero Wrote:
(05-11-2019, 05:54 PM)Man of Harlech Wrote:

WHITE HANKIES

A bit extreme for us Rolleyes
Yes let’s get behind the team Tuesday, I admit I have done my fair amount of criticising the club and players this season but I think no way did we deserve to lose today and Shan and the players deserve 100% support . We can pull this back but we need to make the hawthorns really intimidating for villa and inspirational for our players. We certainly do not want to be like seal park which was very quiet for 75% of the game.
Quick mention for Bartley today who I thought put in a reasonable performance.