Appleton
(04-26-2019, 04:35 PM)Mancbaggies Wrote:
(04-26-2019, 02:16 PM)Peachy Wrote:
(04-26-2019, 12:18 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(04-26-2019, 11:46 AM)Peachy Wrote: Funny reading this thread. Shan has bought in a coach to help out. The end.

Why are people pissing their pants. It's a coaching roleuntil the end of the season ffs sake! It's hardly life altering stuff.

We've just made our coaching team a bit stronger than last week. Shan will make the final decisions. Theyve all worked together and know each other. Fine by me.

If I was cynical I would possibly think this is an ideal way to soften up the fans into appointing Appleton a few months down the line as manager if we don’t go up.

I thought he did well at Oxford and am open minded about it but again without the WBA connection his C.V is pretty average.

I have the same feeling Derek. He'll be our next boss if we stay down. Probably with Reid and Shan as assistants.

It's so typically Albion.

Appy created a very decent side at Oxford and got promoted. He was also at 3 other barnpot clubs where he couldn't really hope to do anything as a young manager given their individual circumstances and was brave (Or stupid) to take them.

He's supposed to be a very good coach who doesn't suffer fools and as we know can work on a tight budget but I grant you if he hadn't have played for us I doubt he'd be considered.

It'll happen though if we don't go up. Of that I'm sure.

No problem - if the appointment is just as coach. 

You’d hope our next manager was someone better.

Head coach   Big Grin
(04-26-2019, 04:41 PM)Peachy Wrote:
(04-26-2019, 04:35 PM)Mancbaggies Wrote:
(04-26-2019, 02:16 PM)Peachy Wrote:
(04-26-2019, 12:18 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(04-26-2019, 11:46 AM)Peachy Wrote: Funny reading this thread. Shan has bought in a coach to help out. The end.

Why are people pissing their pants. It's a coaching roleuntil the end of the season ffs sake! It's hardly life altering stuff.

We've just made our coaching team a bit stronger than last week. Shan will make the final decisions. Theyve all worked together and know each other. Fine by me.

If I was cynical I would possibly think this is an ideal way to soften up the fans into appointing Appleton a few months down the line as manager if we don’t go up.

I thought he did well at Oxford and am open minded about it but again without the WBA connection his C.V is pretty average.

I have the same feeling Derek. He'll be our next boss if we stay down. Probably with Reid and Shan as assistants.

It's so typically Albion.

Appy created a very decent side at Oxford and got promoted. He was also at 3 other barnpot clubs where he couldn't really hope to do anything as a young manager given their individual circumstances and was brave (Or stupid) to take them.

He's supposed to be a very good coach who doesn't suffer fools and as we know can work on a tight budget but I grant you if he hadn't have played for us I doubt he'd be considered.

It'll happen though if we don't go up. Of that I'm sure.

No problem - if the appointment is just as coach. 

You’d hope our next manager was someone better.

Head coach   Big Grin

Hmmmmm  Sad
(04-26-2019, 01:30 PM)Hopalong Wrote:
(04-26-2019, 11:44 AM)Sliced Wrote: Maybe it says something about me if I'm agreeing with people on the wind up, but to me this is really a nothing appointment. I'm not sure how much Shan can learn from Appleton in the space of 2 games given that he's been doing ok on his own, and in turn I'm not sure how much Appleton can teach Shan.

I have no problem with it, but I don't really have strong feelings either way.

As Shan himself says, Appy has a different perspective/experience and in a tight play off semi or final one piece of advice could prove crucial.

PS I really don't understand why people are getting upset - it's an extra pair of hands/eyes for 3/4/5 games.

Agree hopy wtf wrong with some people anything that may improve our chances in the playoffs can only be good thing surely!!
(04-26-2019, 06:35 PM)TETLEY74 Wrote:
(04-26-2019, 11:44 AM)Sliced Wrote: Maybe it says something about me if I'm agreeing with people on the wind up, but to me this is really a nothing appointment. I'm not sure how much Shan can learn from Appleton in the space of 2 games given that he's been doing ok on his own, and in turn I'm not sure how much Appleton can teach Shan.

As Shan himself says, Appy has a different perspective/experience and in a tight play off semi or final one piece of advice could prove crucial.

PS I really don't understand why people are getting upset - it's an extra pair of hands/eyes for 3/4/5 games.

Agree hopy wtf wrong with some people anything that may improve our chances in the playoffs can only be good thing surely!!

I also agree, can't see a negative in this. I've always thought that players who have their careers cut short, come into management/coaching with a lot of points to prove. Appy was a singularly determined individual and it was cruel how he fought his way back from one terrible injury only to receive another one. As long as Shan want's him, it's a Yes from me.

T74 some people don't belong on here, Shan asked for him not Jenkins - Tbh it looks a sensible appointment, weather we go up or not. We need Leeds and the Seals to kick each other to bits now!! just to help us a little bit Big Grin
(04-26-2019, 06:48 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote:

T74 some people don't belong on here, Shan asked for him not Jenkins - Tbh it looks a sensible appointment, weather we go up or not. We need Leeds and the Seals to kick each other to bits now!! just to help us a little bit Big Grin

Oh if only we were so lucky Remy, would be nice to see McGinn & greasy pick up an injury to keep them out for a few games, nothing to nasty just out for rest of season will do Angel
(04-26-2019, 06:52 PM)TETLEY74 Wrote:
(04-26-2019, 06:48 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote:

Oh if only we were so lucky Remy, would be nice to see McGinn & greasy pick up an injury to keep them out for a few games, nothing to nasty just out for rest of season will do Angel

I'm sure some meaty challenges will be AOTS we know Grealish is a cry baby so it's on the cards. Tongue
Appleton is an excellent coach, he is very highly regarded and the general thought in the game is he just needs the right club now to prove himself, many think he can go to the top. He's made some mistakes, as he says so himself, Oxford fans were gutted when he left and he hasn't been easily replaced there.

I'm not adverse to him being our new head coach, but I understand why others are, fir me it's a Steve Clarke appointment though, the team above need to be doing well themselves. Dowling hasn't proven himself with us yet.

As a coach to help for the playoffs it's excellent news.