Appleton
Good news
Maybe it says something about me if I'm agreeing with people on the wind up, but to me this is really a nothing appointment. I'm not sure how much Shan can learn from Appleton in the space of 2 games given that he's been doing ok on his own, and in turn I'm not sure how much Appleton can teach Shan.

I have no problem with it, but I don't really have strong feelings either way.
Funny reading this thread. Shan has bought in a coach to help out. The end.

Why are people pissing their pants. It's a coaching roleuntil the end of the season ffs sake! It's hardly life altering stuff.

We've just made our coaching team a bit stronger than last week. Shan will make the final decisions. Theyve all worked together and know each other. Fine by me.
(04-26-2019, 11:46 AM)Peachy Wrote: Funny reading this thread. Shan has bought in a coach to help out. The end.

Why are people pissing their pants. It's a coaching roleuntil the end of the season ffs sake! It's hardly life altering stuff.

We've just made our coaching team a bit stronger than last week. Shan will make the final decisions. Theyve all worked together and know each other. Fine by me.

If I was cynical I would possibly think this is an ideal way to soften up the fans into appointing Appleton a few months down the line as manager if we don’t go up.

I thought he did well at Oxford and am open minded about it but again without the WBA connection his C.V is pretty average.
Sensible appointment with a few games to go. He does bring discipline to players which can only be good. May get Harper to run in both directions.
(04-26-2019, 11:44 AM)Sliced Wrote: Maybe it says something about me if I'm agreeing with people on the wind up, but to me this is really a nothing appointment. I'm not sure how much Shan can learn from Appleton in the space of 2 games given that he's been doing ok on his own, and in turn I'm not sure how much Appleton can teach Shan.

I have no problem with it, but I don't really have strong feelings either way.

Agreed but if Shan wants him then fair enough. It does seem like an odd dynamic though.
No great surprise this, Appy’s worked with Dowling before and their reputedly mutual admirers.

No great surprise this, Appy’s worked with Dowling before and their reputedly mutual admirers.
(04-26-2019, 12:49 PM)Beachboysbaggie Wrote: No great surprise this, Appy’s worked with Dowling before and their reputedly mutual admirers.

Not sure that chant is going to catch on personally...
(04-26-2019, 08:19 AM)4-hero Wrote: This club seems to think it owes him a living for some bizarre reason?

Huh  He's here for maybe 3 weeks at the request of Shan.

(04-26-2019, 08:21 AM)4-hero Wrote:
(04-26-2019, 08:20 AM)Midget In A Pinstripe Suit Wrote:
(04-26-2019, 08:19 AM)4-hero Wrote: This club seems to think it owes him a living for some bizarre reason?

Or Shan requested him?

I doubt for one minute Shan has the power to make those decisions

It was delegated to him to bring in support in the very short-term.  You're talking a month's pay for Reid and Appleton max.
A good coach returns to the club and some fans are moaning. Bizarre.