Playoffs
(04-24-2019, 11:19 PM)Baggiejacko Wrote: Do you get invited to many parties?

Seriously, do people still have parties?
(04-25-2019, 08:32 PM)Hopalong Wrote:

Yes but I can understand you not being invited to many too.
(04-25-2019, 05:13 PM)SpicyMustard Wrote:
Quote:
(04-24-2019, 10:52 PM)westbromjack Wrote: I wish I shared some of the optimism of many of our fans on here as it pertains to the playoffs. I am much more of a realist than a dreamer and there are several things that worry me leading up to the lottery of the playoffs.

1. We still don’t know our best team. We only know that we were better with Harvey Barnes in it.
Is that necessarily a bad thing?  All it means is that in some areas we have competition and the team doesn't pick itself. 
2. I am far from convinced with our defense. The inconsistencies have been there to see all season.
It's not just the defence, though a huge mitigating factor is the ridiculous tactics deployed by Jones when they didn't know their arse from their elbow.  Apart from Brizzle we've looked a bit better, but teams still find it too easy to get to our box which is a midfield problem to some extent. 
3. Our midfield is a problem area. We are a far better attacking unit with Brunt in the team, but who are the best of the rest? I don’t know and neither does our management. 
Livermore, Brunt and Johansen probably the most solid.  Phillips adds attacking qualities.  Horses for courses I guess. Barry's experience would have been an advantage. 
4. We have a custodian manager who is up against more tenured and experienced leaders.
Yes of course but 5 wins in 8 is positive.  Better than Norwich and Leeds! 
5. Our most likely opposition have hit form when it’s needed the most and now won 10 on the bounce. Their momentum worries me. We have only managed to string together 3 wins in a row this season. It’s ok if win number one comes in the first leg of the semi final. Yes we could lose one and still go through, but we are not exactly great at building momentum this season.
Honestly, not worried in the slightest about the Villa.  I'm convinced the wheels are going to come off very soon.  
6. First half is sleepy time - usually takes us a half to wake up. Be nice to give it a go from the off for once. 
On the positive side, we have two good strikers who can produce. Our hopes rest on these two lads.
I'm confident that the focus and required intensity will be there in the play-offs.  

Can I keep you at my house? Just don't stop talking and I'll pay you. I am a bit superstitious. I know my house has dark clouds.

(04-25-2019, 09:46 PM)Baggiejacko Wrote:

Why's that Einstein?
(04-26-2019, 12:21 AM)Hopalong Wrote:
(04-25-2019, 05:13 PM)SpicyMustard Wrote:
Quote:
(04-24-2019, 10:52 PM)westbromjack Wrote: I wish I shared some of the optimism of many of our fans on here as it pertains to the playoffs. I am much more of a realist than a dreamer and there are several things that worry me leading up to the lottery of the playoffs.

1. We still don’t know our best team. We only know that we were better with Harvey Barnes in it.
Is that necessarily a bad thing?  All it means is that in some areas we have competition and the team doesn't pick itself. 
2. I am far from convinced with our defense. The inconsistencies have been there to see all season.
It's not just the defence, though a huge mitigating factor is the ridiculous tactics deployed by Jones when they didn't know their arse from their elbow.  Apart from Brizzle we've looked a bit better, but teams still find it too easy to get to our box which is a midfield problem to some extent. 
3. Our midfield is a problem area. We are a far better attacking unit with Brunt in the team, but who are the best of the rest? I don’t know and neither does our management. 
Livermore, Brunt and Johansen probably the most solid.  Phillips adds attacking qualities.  Horses for courses I guess. Barry's experience would have been an advantage. 
4. We have a custodian manager who is up against more tenured and experienced leaders.
Yes of course but 5 wins in 8 is positive.  Better than Norwich and Leeds! 
5. Our most likely opposition have hit form when it’s needed the most and now won 10 on the bounce. Their momentum worries me. We have only managed to string together 3 wins in a row this season. It’s ok if win number one comes in the first leg of the semi final. Yes we could lose one and still go through, but we are not exactly great at building momentum this season.
Honestly, not worried in the slightest about the Villa.  I'm convinced the wheels are going to come off very soon.  
6. First half is sleepy time - usually takes us a half to wake up. Be nice to give it a go from the off for once. 
On the positive side, we have two good strikers who can produce. Our hopes rest on these two lads.
I'm confident that the focus and required intensity will be there in the play-offs.  

Can I keep you at my house? Just don't stop talking and I'll pay you. I am a bit superstitious. I know my house has dark clouds.

(04-25-2019, 09:46 PM)Baggiejacko Wrote:

Why's that Einstein?
You don't need to be Einstein to know that people still have parties. Just a joke about not being invited to many. You know, obviously if you were invited to them, you'd know they still happened