What's gone on with the Fan Zone
Attended the fan zone for the last match. Music act was good, Beer was awful, had to revert to Cider. Not enough food stalls or vans for my liking. Needs to improve for me to make another visit. Dodgy
Not a happy bunny are we?
(04-25-2019, 08:46 PM)KfordBaggie Wrote: Attended the fan zone for the last match. Music act was good, Beer was awful, had to revert to Cider. Not enough food stalls or vans for my liking. Needs to improve for me to make another visit. Dodgy

The club decided against funding it this season due to relegation. It cost us £200,000 last season. This season Blind Monkey are covering all costs I believe.
(04-25-2019, 10:06 PM)Albion Wrote:
(04-25-2019, 08:46 PM)KfordBaggie Wrote: Attended the fan zone for the last match. Music act was good, Beer was awful, had to revert to Cider. Not enough food stalls or vans for my liking. Needs to improve for me to make another visit. Dodgy

The club decided against funding it this season due to relegation. It cost us £200,000 last season. This season Blind Monkey are covering all costs I believe.

Which basically shows it can be run at a profit if you can be arsed.
(04-25-2019, 10:29 PM)HeathAyIt Wrote:
(04-25-2019, 10:06 PM)Albion Wrote:

Which basically shows it can be run at a profit if you can be arsed.

It isn't rocket science to make something like this work well and at a minimum cover it's costs. 

Provide high quality/interesting food via existing street food vendors (the Midlands has some of the best in the country), have a decent selection of beers from one of the many good local breweries and make the venue as comfortable as possible for the people using it.

They have a guaranteed customer base every game which makes any financial risk for the club minimal. 

If you haven't heard of it before check out Digbeth Dining Club for an example of how something like this should be run.
As good as Jenkins is at balancing the books and as much as it pains me to say we need him on that side in our present situation, this is just another example of his attitude towards supporters, which absolutely stinks.
The Blind Monkey pale ale I had at the Preston game was lovely.
When is Jerry the Berry making an appearance?
It cost £200,000? Roughly £10k per match, last season. Give or take to account for the games that we didn't use it.

Now, I know there would have been numerous overheads, but that seems a little expensive for a glorified outdoor bar.

I'd rather the club got rid of the rubbish live musicians and the big screen showing football, and make improvements to the speed of beer service and quality of beer on tap.
Clarnet v2.0
Nevermind the tannoy, the sound of 'Gornal Trace' skwarking 'Lets make some noise for Baggies Legend Adam Oliver' as you walk up Halfords Lane is on a par with scraping plates, one for the Assembley Rich