Sam Field
If there’s ever a player I want to succeed so badly at Albion it’s Field. A supporter of the club, genuinely seems to have an affinity for us. Isn’t into social media like many academy players are these days. Just seems a genuine lad. Hope he does get the chances to shine at Albion
He'll get his day.
Agreed.

Would also love nothing more than a Brunt rocket knocking Villa out the play offs
He's got the ability to be as good as Michael Carrick. He needs someone to give him confidence and a run in the team like Megson did.
he's still very young and will get his chance.............
(04-17-2019, 11:04 AM)Brunty Wrote: He's got the ability to be as good as Michael Carrick. He needs someone to give him confidence and a run in the team like Megson did.

Massive statement there. Comparisons with Carrick. He is only 20. But I thought he would have kicked on this season.
(04-17-2019, 11:12 AM)Albion Wrote:
(04-17-2019, 11:04 AM)Brunty Wrote: He's got the ability to be as good as Michael Carrick. He needs someone to give him confidence and a run in the team like Megson did.

Massive statement there. Comparisons with Carrick. He is only 20. But I thought he would have kicked on this season.

so did I, I expected a lot from him.  sadly playing him as a left sided centre half ruined any real chance early on, some good glimpses when in midfield though and enough for me to hope he'll get a proper chance.
Like you I desperately want him to succeed, genuine nice guy, loves the Brom, I just don't see it, I can't see him having the ability to play any higher than mid table Championship level at best

So hope I'm wrong but he's had more pedestrian games than good games for us IMO

May be a career for him left of a three at the back in time

Cuzer
(04-17-2019, 11:27 AM)Jamin03 why change it? Wrote:
(04-17-2019, 11:12 AM)Albion Wrote:

so did I, I expected a lot from him.  sadly playing him as a left sided centre half ruined any real chance early on, some good glimpses when in midfield though and enough for me to hope he'll get a proper chance.

With hindsight, he should have gone out on loan this season, there was definitely interest, but the abundance of similar MCs and the emergence of Harper has limited his game time far more than expected.

If we get promoted he needs to go out on loan, if we stay down, he needs a proper go as there is a real player there but the next couple of years for me will determine if he becomes the PL player he has the potential to be, or knocks between League One and the Champ as a classy but inconsistent link man.
Flog him to Walsall