Bravado hotting up for Villa in the play-offs
Some right touchy characters on that WM radio show from Villa, because a chap rang in and said we are not frightened of playing them.
The way some of them have risen to it is typical Villa arrogance and this is just the start that's likely to go on for a month.
Have to agree as one guy said, we don't want to play Villa as I hate local derbies. To lose this one for either side to a rival would be a special kind of choker.
Ideal scenario for me is Bristol C pip them to 5th as I doubt we'll get 3rd, unless we get 10 to 12 points and Sheff U totally implode.
Fans of either Villa or Albion acting cocky is just brainless bravado. It's a tough one to call and as the thread the other day showed pretty much all indicators get thrown out of the window when it comes to the play-offs.
TBF, they are getting right up my nose at the minute. All weekend I had to hear them crowing about having 41,000 again and that no one wants to play them. Today, I work on my own, but had the misfortune to have to speak to just one person who turns out to be a Villa fan. She helpfully pointed out how worried I should be about playing them.
Remember this. They haven't beaten us in two games this season. And I'm not having any of that JRod handball stuff, their first goal was a flukey deflection anyway, plus at VP we scored a perfectly good 3rd goal that was disallowed. There's a few games left yet for their wheels to come off. If we play them, so be it, but Leeds or Sheffield United will be the toughest test for whoever gets through.
The worst thing for me about a derby in the semi is that if you win it you've still basically achieved nowt unless you win the final.

As for fearing them, fuck it, if you can't get up for occasions like this, why be a football fan?
I listen to that program on way home tonight and to hear some of the deluded idiots promotion is already in the bag, and ask for the way they STILL going on about Jrod didn't hear anyone complaining about that disgrace of penalty decesion they got sat when their player handled the ball as he fell over his own feet after the defender he was leaning on moved out of the way. Just the usual arrogant twats that they are I really hope the wheels come off soon even better if it's against us.
(04-15-2019, 06:43 PM)HeathAyIt Wrote: The worst thing for me about a derby in the semi is that if you win it you've still basically achieved nowt unless you win the final.

As for fearing them, fuck it, if you can't get up for occasions like this, why be a football fan?

Exactly. We beat Wo1ve5 over Two legs & celebrated like we had won the play offs. Didn't turn up in the final. Would prefer to avoid local rivals in the semi mainly for that reason. 

Kind of agree with the not fearing them bit. Could do with a couple of things falling in our favour, McGinn being banned would be a good start. Any advantage we can take given our managerial position would be gratefully accepted.
I was thinking they've peaked too soon. All winning runs come to an end at some stage.
I don’t think they are by any means guaranteed to get 5th. They have Leeds and Norwich to play in 2 of their 4 games, and teams below them still have a game in hand.

I’d much prefer that they finish 6th and play either Leeds or Blades in the semi final and then lose.

If Blades don’t get promoted I’d be very keen on Chris Wilder as our new manager.
(04-15-2019, 07:06 PM)Pragmatist Wrote: I don’t think they are by any means guaranteed to get 5th. They have Leeds and Norwich to play in 2 of their 4 games, and teams below them still have a game in hand.

I’d much prefer that they finish 6th and play either Leeds or Blades in the semi final and then lose.

If Blades don’t get promoted I’d be very keen on Chris Wilder as our new manager.

I can see some lower PL teams being keen on Wilder. The issue is that he's a Utd fan and has built them up, so you wonder what it would take to lure him away.
(04-15-2019, 06:50 PM)tiptontown Wrote: I was thinking they've peaked too soon. All winning runs come to an end at some stage.

My thoughts exactly
(04-15-2019, 07:06 PM)Pragmatist Wrote: I don’t think they are by any means guaranteed to get 5th.  They have Leeds and Norwich to play in 2 of their 4 games, and teams below them still have a game in hand.

It's no problem for them, apparently. They'll be on the beach and mighty Villa only need to turn up.

Me too but he is a Blade through and through.