Contracts
Astonishing this... basically our whole squad except 5 players are out of contact a year from now. There is going to be a lot of change. Will Carlos be up for it, or will he walk? I hope the kids are good.

Out of contract 2024:
Mowatt
Kipre
Pipa
Chalobah
Weinmann
M'Vila
Reach
Phillips
Pieters
Kelly
Cannn

Out of Contract 2025
Gradi
Swift
Furlong
Okay
Molumby
BTA
Townsend
Semi
Griffiths

Out of contract 2026
Maja
Dike
Palmer
Wallace

Out of contract 2027
Fellows
Mowatt and Kipre the only two I expect we’ll try to keep this season regardless of the division.
Didn’t realise quite so few only had just over a year left on their deals. May well be worth cashing in on some of them particularly those approaching or over 30.
Noone has any cash though! 

This doesn't include Grant, we need rid of him.
Didn't Mowatt extend?
(04-27-2024, 08:38 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: Mowatt and Kipre the only two I expect we’ll try to keep this season regardless of the division.

Would agree with that. I wonder if they have had any offers yet from us or other clubs?
I think Carlos will relish it... if the Americans don't get trigger happy.
I think they would be absolutely mad to get rid of him, very easy to appoint a worse manager.

The one thing he has not been good on is the transfer/recruitment market. Only Johnstone has really looked the part.
We really need another Ashworth to deal with recruitment and stop bringing in veterans with no resale value and who are here for one last payday.
(04-27-2024, 08:44 PM)Logic1 Wrote: Noone has any cash though! 

This doesn't include Grant, we need rid of him.

We’re a bit fucked with Grant, due to the negative impact it would have on our FFP calculation if we sold him.  I suspect we will try to continue to loan him out.

(04-28-2024, 01:23 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: Didn't Mowatt extend?

Nope.

(04-28-2024, 03:50 AM)Gzbaggy Wrote:
(04-27-2024, 08:38 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: Mowatt and Kipre the only two I expect we’ll try to keep this season regardless of the division.

Would agree with that. I wonder if they have had any offers yet from us or other clubs?

Nothing has been reported re extending Kipres or Mowatt’s contracts. 

If we don’t get promoted, we have to cut our cloth accordingly and Fellows will be off.
I told you I’ll be back
I don't think Fellows will be off. Who will buy him? He needs a full season. He's not a premier League player yet. In fact, I don't think any of our players are Premier League standard.

No one is going to be buying players, wages are going to drop. Transfer fees will be low. We'd be unlikely to get more than 4 million for Fellows.

I can see our wage bill being cut considerably, so it will be interesting where we get our players from.