Leadership
Do we have any leaders? Bartley moans and shouts a lot but isn't. Okay seems a nice chap but isn't. Wallace and Townsend despite being captain and vice captain aren't.
No way.
No leaders at all. The nearest 'on pitch' leader is Barts..but ultimately no.
The biggest joke is Townsend as Capt. Shouldnt even be in the team.Hes shit.
(04-27-2024, 04:40 PM)baggie93 Wrote: No way.

Bartley is huge part of the bottle job mentality in the squad.
It's quite damning of what is a relatively old and experienced squad, particularly at this level that there aren't any real leaders in there. We have some players who do possess quality but who it's fair to say maybe lack character which is what has let their careers down.
It's been said before, but for quite a few of the squad, aside from a promotion bonus, being promoted would only lead to players being moved on. There are quite a few on a cushy number at the Albion. Why rock the boat with promotion?
On this years performances and his attitude, Mowatt would be my skipper, all day.
I want us to go up but only for the money.

Football wise it will probably be dreadful.

It will be good to say farewell to Bartley etc…
(04-27-2024, 06:10 PM)Squid Wrote: It's been said before, but for quite a few of the squad, aside from a promotion bonus, being promoted would only lead to players being moved on. There are quite a few on a cushy number at the Albion. Why rock the boat with promotion?

I'm not sure I agree with this. I think it's fair to say that most of our out of contract players (Kipre and Mowatt aside) won't be offered new deals. As for the others, surely their money will double as part of the flex up/down agreements in their contracts. Everyone has a financial bonus whether it be one last payday on their way out of the club or a rise in wages. If it's the latter and the club want to then move them on it puts them in a much better position when negotiating a new deal elsewhere.
(04-27-2024, 05:53 PM)Bristol Baggie Wrote:

I can't stand Bartley as a defender, but this is absolute bollocks, tbf.
(04-27-2024, 05:53 PM)Bristol Baggie Wrote:

I only mentioned Barts cos i see him pointing and talking...at times...this does sort of resemble what youd expect of a capt/organiser. I dont see it anywhere else. Wallace fist pumps the crowd after a game..fine..but i wanna see a fist around the players when we aint competing..not after the bloody event.
Ultimately we aint got one..theyre all pussies in my book.