More nostalgia from the oppo's perspective
Following on from the recent Leicester one:
HOW WE WON THE FA CUP IN 1912 - News - Barnsley Football Club (barnsleyfc.co.uk)

1. Pre-WW1 Barnsley appears to have been the genesis of Pulisball
2. V decent of the Albion back to wave through the goal scorer
3. Now that's a fixture pile up!
This is the game I alluded to in the Leicester thread. I once read that Jesse 'Peerless' Pennington could have brought down the Barnsley goalscorer as he ran in on goal but didn't as he had a reputation for being a sporting and principled man.
(04-25-2024, 06:27 PM)chasetownbaggie Wrote: This is the game I alluded to in the Leicester thread. I once read that Jesse 'Peerless' Pennington could have brought down the Barnsley goalscorer as he ran in on goal but didn't as he had a reputation for being a sporting and principled man.

Aye, but doncha just wish he'd have let that slip for once......?
Interesting that fielding weakened teams happened back then. Then again no fugger plays 4 or 5 games in ten days these days, or if they do it's all we fuggin' hear about.
(04-25-2024, 06:27 PM)chasetownbaggie Wrote: This is the game I alluded to in the Leicester thread. I once read that Jesse 'Peerless' Pennington could have brought down the Barnsley goalscorer as he ran in on goal but didn't as he had a reputation for being a sporting and principled man.

Sealprick would have dived anyway.