Embrace
Anyone going to see them on tour this year? Always thought they were quite an underrated band but haven't seen them live.
Never got on with them, singer's voice is like nails on a blackboard to me.
(04-25-2024, 02:41 PM)Fido Wrote: Anyone going to see them on tour this year? Always thought they were quite an underrated band but haven't seen them live.

Not seen them since the 90's where I saw them lots. Always a good live band. Danny's voice was never the best but the wrote some great tunes.
(04-25-2024, 02:58 PM)Peachy Wrote:
(04-25-2024, 02:41 PM)Fido Wrote: Anyone going to see them on tour this year? Always thought they were quite an underrated band but haven't seen them live.

Not seen them since the 90's where I saw them lots. Always a good live band. Danny's voice was never the best but the wrote some great tunes.

Engine Rooms, Southampton 25/11. Will see if my daughter fancies going to either Brighton where she'll be at uni later this year or Shepherd's Bush Empire.
Like a fair few of their songs.
(04-25-2024, 03:01 PM)Fido Wrote:

Engine Rooms, Southampton 25/11. Will see if my daughter fancies going to either Brighton where she'll be at uni later this year or Shepherd's Bush Empire.

Might go to that myself. Go to the engine rooms a lot as I'm in Poole. Seen Idlewild and Ride there in recent times.

Never quite got them. A band of a similar time I rated at the time, again under rated, was Starsailor.
(04-25-2024, 04:26 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:

Never quite got them. A band of a similar time I rated at the time, again under rated, was Starsailor.

They were 1a few years behind Embrace.  I can only name one Starsailor song and I wasn't a fan of that.  

Embrace? meh.  If they played for an hour at a festival I'd probably have a little listen, not for be beyond that.
滚开赖
They’re on tour? It’s been a long time coming
(04-25-2024, 03:12 PM)Peachy Wrote:
(04-25-2024, 03:01 PM)Fido Wrote:

Might go to that myself. Go to the engine rooms a lot as I'm in Poole. Seen Idlewild and Ride there in recent times.

I saw The Jam at the art centre in Poole in 1980.  Is that place still open?  I think it’s capacity was around 3,000.