Ring sting
(02-09-2024, 02:48 PM)Morley Wrote:
(02-09-2024, 02:44 PM)Midget In A Pinstripe Suit Wrote:
(02-09-2024, 02:35 PM)CarlosCorbewrong Wrote: Terrible profiteering.  Issues like these really beg the question - who the fuck has a subscription for a doorbell?

I have ring without the subscription. I could build a cctv system with a raspberry pi for the price of their annual subscription. I can see the appeal to deter criminals etc, but £50 seems steep when you look at other CCTV systems people have that are far more elaborate.

Really? Got any tips / links to do this?

Not that anybody is probably that interested.... but I got this set up. Opted not to use a pi but an old laptop to run both scrypted to get RTSP from the ring doorbell into OBS recording to a scyn'd mega folder with free 20GB cloud storage. Pretty good use of a battered old laptop with a cracked screen.
In the form of his life.
I don't understand the outrage. Don't like it, find a cheaper alternative? They're well within their right to raise the price. It's still a reasonable enough price for a year. If it was raised 10% every year over the last 5 years no one would bat an eyelid!
I thought the title of this fred was a plea to Stewart Copeland.
(04-19-2024, 09:58 AM)Midget In A Pinstripe Suit Wrote:
(02-09-2024, 02:35 PM)CarlosCorbewrong Wrote: Terrible profiteering.  Issues like these really beg the question - who the fuck has a subscription for a doorbell?

I have ring without the subscription. I could build a cctv system with a raspberry pi for the price of their annual subscription. I can see the appeal to deter criminals etc, but £50 seems steep when you look at other CCTV systems people have that are far more elaborate.

Not that anybody is probably that interested.... but I got this set up. Opted not to use a pi but an old laptop to run both scrypted to get RTSP from the ring doorbell into OBS recording to a scyn'd mega folder with free 20GB cloud storage. Pretty good use of a battered old laptop with a cracked screen.

Correct. We're not interested. Not that i understood a word anyway....... Big Grin

But doors the actual doorbell ring if someone presses it?  Or does this server go off?
滚开赖
(04-19-2024, 10:05 AM)Slowpoke Gonzalez Wrote: I thought the title of this fred was a plea to Stewart Copeland.

I thought it was about some female complaining about FF after he used the backdoor. Allegedly.
(04-19-2024, 12:05 PM)CA Baggie Wrote:

But doors the actual doorbell ring if someone presses it?  Or does this server go off?

This setup just takes a permanent video feed from the camera, the doorbell functionality is separate so doesn't interfere.
In the form of his life.