This Town
Can’t wait for the tourist tours to start
Someone could have been killed
(04-03-2024, 04:37 PM)CaptainFantastico Wrote: Can’t wait for the tourist tours to start

They'll be disappointed that none of us sound like these characters Big Grin
Arf. Plenty of souvenir opportunities abound
(04-03-2024, 04:15 PM)MrBater Wrote: Just watching the first episode... Their version of Chelmsley looks a hell of a lot more like Castle Vale...

Heartlands spine road (spaceman walking scene) didn't exist in 81... And walking from Chelmsley down there makes zero sense...

It's all feeling a bit mushy to me currently. Hopefully will get better.

I thought episode 1 was very weak.  2 is a major improvement tbf
(04-03-2024, 05:03 PM)MancBaggie Wrote:
(04-03-2024, 04:15 PM)MrBater Wrote: Just watching the first episode... Their version of Chelmsley looks a hell of a lot more like Castle Vale...

Heartlands spine road (spaceman walking scene) didn't exist in 81... And walking from Chelmsley down there makes zero sense...

It's all feeling a bit mushy to me currently. Hopefully will get better.

I thought episode 1 was very weak.  2 is a major improvement tbf

One of the lead actors from Halesowen mon
They are getting shit loads off some of my mates about the lack of accuracy in the information......times are out by years .
Tony pulis is a wanker 
How are the accents? Anyone sound more scouse or Black Country? (like peaky blinders)
I told you I’ll be back
(04-03-2024, 06:19 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: How are the accents? Anyone sound more scouse or Black Country? (like peaky blinders)

Very strong Brummie, better than Auf Wiedershens Barry, but a bit jarring still. I'd be surprised if any Carribbean descent kids had that strong an accent being second generation, considering that I don't think I've ever met anyone with that strong an accent ever.

The alchie mom and soldier brother are a bit more realistic.
(04-03-2024, 06:33 PM)MrBater Wrote:
(04-03-2024, 06:19 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: How are the accents?  Anyone sound more scouse or Black Country? (like peaky blinders)

Very strong Brummie, better than Auf Wiedershens Barry, but a bit jarring still. I'd be surprised if any Carribbean descent kids had that strong an accent being second generation, considering that I don't think I've ever met anyone with that strong an accent ever.

Barry from A pet was from Dudley.

A Brummie accent is. surprisingly, apparently one of the most difficult to mimic.   The lad on the “don’t you want me baby” car commercial was pretty good with his attempt at one. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6ofGWYVKZM...IGJhYnk%3D
I told you I’ll be back
(04-03-2024, 06:35 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(04-03-2024, 06:33 PM)MrBater Wrote:
(04-03-2024, 06:19 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: How are the accents?  Anyone sound more scouse or Black Country? (like peaky blinders)

Barry from A pet was from Dudley.

A Brummie accent is. surprisingly, apparently one of the most difficult to mimic.   The lad on the “don’t you want me baby” car commercial was pretty good with his attempt at one. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6ofGWYVKZM...IGJhYnk%3D
Yes I know about Barry, but he's kind of a bench mark in TV land.

Also having the accent, and being around people with the accent makes it more jarring hearing This Town, to me anyway. Yes that ad guy got it far more accurate.

Also, not once heard them say Bab. You don't get more Brummie than Bab.