Citeh vs Real
(04-18-2024, 10:12 AM)Woodman scoreboard Wrote:
(04-18-2024, 10:11 AM)MrBater Wrote: Normally I'd want the English based teams to win, but if it stops those sealcunts from getting even more money then good. Other than that, I have no real interest in it.

Ditto

Agree, but the sealcunts are going to be playing Europa League next season as a minimum, by the looks of it.
(04-18-2024, 11:00 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(04-18-2024, 10:12 AM)Woodman scoreboard Wrote:
(04-18-2024, 10:11 AM)MrBater Wrote: Normally I'd want the English based teams to win, but if it stops those sealcunts from getting even more money then good. Other than that, I have no real interest in it.

Ditto

Agree, but the sealcunts are going to be playing Europa League next season as a minimum, by the looks of it.

But there’s no money in that at least.
Am I wrong in wanting the British clubs that play in Europe year after year to fail dismally every season as it reduces their income stream? If it's a club that doesn't usually qualify and is having an adventure, then I don't have an issue with that, but the biggest clubs can go and screw themselves as far as I'm concerned.

As I've said in the FA Cup replay thread, the game continues to be run in the best interests of a few clubs, thus ensuring that the gap between the haves and have-nots continues to grow. I despise those clubs.
(04-17-2024, 10:13 PM)Lurker#3 Wrote:
(04-17-2024, 10:10 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(04-17-2024, 09:52 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Extra time, desperate for a goal, all over the opposition who are defending deep and have parked the proverbial bus...

Take off the best goalscorer in the world for a player that needs space behind to work in.

I don't get Pep sometimes. Man City generally play perfect football, hence I say it's robotic, but he makes some funny decisions at times.

To be fair to Pep it’s becoming apparent that if Haaland isn’t scoring he offers very little else.

Fantastic goal scorer when presented with chances but his hold up and general play isn’t actually anything special, especially when compared to his team mates.

But Man Citeh were not struggling in the game at all. So they could afford to just leave Haaland in the box in case it fell. Madness taking him off for me. 

Also was surprised Foden was left on so long. Was miles off it and much less effective than Greasy was.

(04-17-2024, 10:23 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(04-17-2024, 10:10 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(04-17-2024, 09:52 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Extra time, desperate for a goal, all over the opposition who are defending deep and have parked the proverbial bus...

Take off the best goalscorer in the world for a player that needs space behind to work in.

I don't get Pep sometimes. Man City generally play perfect football, hence I say it's robotic, but he makes some funny decisions at times.

To be fair to Pep it’s becoming apparent that if Haaland isn’t scoring he offers very little else.

Fantastic goal scorer when presented with chances but his hold up and general play isn’t actually anything special, especially when compared to his team mates.

But Man Citeh were not struggling in the game at all. So they could afford to just leave Haaland in the box in case it fell. Madness taking him off for me. 

Also was surprised Foden was left on so long. Was miles off it and much less effective than Greasy was.

This.

We all know Haaland ONLY offers goals, all round play is, as Roy Keane rightly said, that of a League 2 player. However they needed a goal, and were creating and dominating, keep him on, that one chance is all he needs, and he wins that game. Bring Alvarez on for Foden who had strangely gone missing.

(04-18-2024, 12:56 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(04-17-2024, 11:50 PM)Tokyo Baggie Wrote:
(04-17-2024, 10:23 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(04-17-2024, 10:10 PM)Duffers Wrote: To be fair to Pep it’s becoming apparent that if Haaland isn’t scoring he offers very little else.

This.

We all know Haaland ONLY offers goals, all round play is, as Roy Keane rightly said, that of a League 2 player. However they needed a goal, and were creating and dominating, keep him on, that one chance is all he needs, and he wins that game. Bring Alvarez on for Foden who had strangely gone missing.

He's just a rich man's Karlan Grant (2021-22)  Big Grin

I don't think that is too far wrong, actually.

20 a season in the Prem is excellent but I don't see him averaging a goal a game, as was suggested by some pundits
He has been injured for a quite a bit of the season
Tony pulis is a wanker