Racism and the Tories
Never goes away

https://x.com/channel4news/status/176148...25006?s=46
Someone could have been killed
MUKGA on it's way to this country soon...

Actually, it's already arrived.
It really calls into question Rishi Sunak's judgement in appointing Lee Anderson as a deputy Chairman of the Party, or indeed his selection as a Labour Councillor and latterly a Tory Parliamentary candidate.

MUKGA is already in this country in the form of Faragists. The Tory Party needs to ensure a distinct separation otherwise it will die. There is no, and never will be a groundswell of support amongst traditional Tory voters for Anderson's type of politics. Lee Anderson is neither a typical Tory, nor does he represent a typical Tory constituency.
Of course the Tory party has no history of racism.

If you want a nigger for a neighbour vote labour
The silence from Sunak is embarrassing. He makes Starmer look like an even better leader than the fairly
average one that he is.
Someone could have been killed
(02-25-2024, 09:21 AM)Protheroe Wrote: It really calls into question Rishi Sunak's judgement in appointing Lee Anderson as a deputy Chairman of the Party, or indeed his selection as a Labour Councillor and latterly a Tory Parliamentary candidate.

MUKGA is already in this country in the form of Faragists. The Tory Party needs to ensure a distinct separation otherwise it will die. There is no, and never will be a groundswell of support amongst traditional Tory voters for Anderson's type of politics. Lee Anderson is neither a typical Tory, nor does he represent a typical Tory constituency.

I  think you make some good points.

I would say the party has let itself drift mire to a  Trumpian position, with which I believe many members and mire particularly voters will be uncomfortable with.

My view is that media organisations like talk TV, talk radio gb news etc have had a malign effect on the party. Too many Conservative politicians are being paid to give outlandish opinions....these media organisations don't want considered, dare I say reasonable comment, they want controversy.

So we get a situation where someone like Anderson makes a completely unsubstantiated accusation against another politician, because it is profitable fie him to do so.
I'm not sure that Khan's offended piety is quite the appropriate response to Anderson any more; it's something Starmer can also be guilty of. 

He (Anderson) has enough form now to be treated with unconcealed contempt. It's still possible to make the point that he needs to be sanctioned.
They have been drifting towards right wing popularism since Johnson was elected their leader arguably earlier with those awful billboards on the sides of vans. The argument was that to have genuine ‘choice’ both parties had to drift further left and further right from the centre ground. Now we see the effects of that ludicrous argument… extreme views, simple solutions to complex problems, populism, lying and when caught out double down on lies, conspiracy theories put forward as legitimate points of view and elevated to the same level as proper research.

Btw I include both the left and right in this. Both are intolerant, both want simple solutions to complex problems, both are lying to themselves that they don’t have a problem with intolerance and moderates are stuck in the middle between these two extreme very loud groups. I can’t stand Tufton Street style politics or Momentum style politics one may come from a better place morally but both are incapable of compromise or reason and yet they are the one ultimately leading discourse in U.K. politics because centrist leaders are failing to give hope to people of better and instead offer corporate management style competence as their solution.
(02-25-2024, 01:17 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: They have been drifting towards right wing popularism since Johnson was elected their leader arguably earlier with those awful billboards on the sides of vans. The argument was that to have genuine ‘choice’ both parties had to drift further left and further right from the centre ground. Now we see the effects of that ludicrous argument… extreme views, simple solutions to complex problems, populism, lying and when caught out double down on lies, conspiracy theories put forward as legitimate points of view and elevated to the same level as proper research.

Btw I include both the left and right in this. Both are intolerant, both want simple solutions to complex problems, both are lying to themselves that they don’t have a problem with intolerance and moderates are stuck in the middle between these two extreme very loud groups. I can’t stand Tufton Street style politics or Momentum style politics one may come from a better place morally but both are incapable of compromise or reason and yet they are the one ultimately leading discourse in U.K. politics because centrist leaders are failing to give hope to people of better and instead offer corporate management style competence as their solution.

But to be fair Derek, the centre of British politics have been guilty of being intolerant towards other people's point if view, probably more so than the left or right.
(02-25-2024, 01:25 PM)Shabby Russian Wrote:
(02-25-2024, 01:17 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: They have been drifting towards right wing popularism since Johnson was elected their leader arguably earlier with those awful billboards on the sides of vans. The argument was that to have genuine ‘choice’ both parties had to drift further left and further right from the centre ground. Now we see the effects of that ludicrous argument… extreme views, simple solutions to complex problems, populism, lying and when caught out double down on lies, conspiracy theories put forward as legitimate points of view and elevated to the same level as proper research.

But to be fair Derek, the centre of British politics have been guilty of being intolerant towards other people's point if view, probably more so than the left or right.

Hard left and right solutions tend to be either callous, simplistic and exploitative or naive, unworkable and unrealistic. How exactly are they meant to integrated into workable policies or work together? This is where madness lies (waves at Trump), appeasing and platforming extreme views for balance does not create a more tolerant political climate, for example we currently have Tice and Reform Ltd on the BBC almost every week they haven’t got one MP, but they are dragging the Tories further right as a party. 

How do you in a decent society that looks after its citizens try and appease those holding extreme positions? They aren’t going to accept lip service and will want their unworkable or uncaring solutions to be enacted. Waves at Rwanda policy and if Labour were in power under Corbyn some other unworkable idea. 

The idea that by appeasing the hard left or right you get a more tolerant kind of politics is nonsense imo and for proof look at the state of U.K. politics.