Atmosphere
(02-17-2024, 01:02 PM)Woodman scoreboard Wrote:
(02-17-2024, 12:27 PM)rsbaggy2 Wrote:
(02-17-2024, 11:55 AM)SuperBob2002 Wrote: Woodman, why so negative?

I thought the atmosphere was OK. I've heard better, I've heard a lot worse. Ultimately the performance on the pitch dictates the atmosphere. We were awful (Saints were superb) for the first 30 mins or so. That kills atmosphere more than any pre-match playlist.

That being said, there ain't half some morons in the crowd. I love sitting in the Brummie, being the home kop end, so to speak. It just feels right. But I think last night will be my last there for some time. A number of folks around by where I was sat (Block E7) were constantly on players backs right from the off, and just shouting inane nonsense. It really does piss me off.

Wasting your breath talking common sense Super. 

We have our own angry man shaking fist at cloud.

Stick to cricket sonny boy let cuzer hit you with a six again
Again? Oh now that's the laugh I needed after the defeat yesterday. 

Think you do need to get relief. And mind that blood pressure.

I thought the atmosphere was OK. I've heard better, I've heard a lot worse. Ultimately the performance on the pitch dictates the atmosphere. We were awful (Saints were superb) for the first 30 mins or so. That kills atmosphere more than any pre-match playlist.

That being said, there ain't half some morons in the crowd. I love sitting in the Brummie, being the home kop end, so to speak. It just feels right. But I think last night will be my last there for some time. A number of folks around by where I was sat (Block E7) were constantly on players backs right from the off, and just shouting inane nonsense. It really does piss me off.

The Brummie is full of twats. Making the bottom tier of that safe standing would improve the atmosphere no end.
Do all those bemoaning the atmosphere realise they are part of the err atmosphere? It’s like sitting in a traffic jam moaning about the traffic!

Get them sports casuals on and get pwopa naughty for the lads! First one to flick the v’s at someone they don’t know in the away end wins a line of coke and pie.
(02-17-2024, 01:36 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Do all those bemoaning the atmosphere realise they are part of the err atmosphere? It’s like sitting in a traffic jam moaning about the traffic!

Get them sports casuals on and get pwopa naughty for the lads! First one to flick the v’s at someone they don’t know in the away end wins a line of coke and pie.

Get posting at ht Derek that's the spirit .

I think a few on here must sit in the Brummie not mentioning any names of course .

Derek turns the Xmas music off while the dinner is cooking .))))
Tony pulis is a wanker 
The problem is the knuckle draggers yearning for spite and anger in the ground as thats what they class as 'atmosphere' are actually the ones who suck the life out of it.

It was the same pre COVID before I stopped going. There was a group of cunts at the back of the Brummie banging and slamming the corrugated metal behind the back row, swearing, shouting, hurling abuse, only bothering with the angry, tribal chants. Then moaning at the rest of the crowd around then for 'not supporting the team'. Not realising that if they were to get a few round of TLMS or "We will follow the Albion" going, it might encourage more neutral fans to get involved.
(02-17-2024, 01:08 PM)SuperBob2002 Wrote:
(02-17-2024, 01:07 PM)Woodman scoreboard Wrote:
(02-17-2024, 01:05 PM)albion_pigeon Wrote:
(02-17-2024, 12:38 PM)SuperBob2002 Wrote:
(02-17-2024, 12:34 PM)albion_pigeon Wrote: Anyone wearing superdry in the year 2024 should be put down.

Hark at Gok Wan.

Disagree? I'm guessing you still wear it then you absolute melt.

I can feel the Albion top over a sweatshirt .

(02-17-2024, 01:06 PM)johntoewba Wrote:
(02-17-2024, 12:08 PM)Woodman scoreboard Wrote:
(02-17-2024, 12:04 PM)Squid Wrote: Well, yes. Because we are going to get absolutely hammered for that. It will be eye-watering and we will fully be made an example of. Sadly, I can't argue against either. There were players having to wade into the crowd to rescue their children and the match being stopped for 36 minutes. We can't complain about the MC being closed or no Liquidator after that.

I honestly think that Corberán being sent off would have killed a lot of the atmosphere, because it was only ever going to have a very negative impact.

You tell me what the Liquidator being played has anything to do with what happened on the 73rd minute against wolves ?

Goldberg and his mate to blame for this
No comment me lord

100% this.

Haha you wish you silly little twat.
(02-17-2024, 01:24 PM)Malcolm Tucker Wrote:

The Brummie is full of twats. Making the bottom tier of that safe standing would improve the atmosphere no end.

(02-17-2024, 01:56 PM)Lurker#3 Wrote: The problem is the knuckle draggers yearning for spite and anger in the ground as thats what they class as 'atmosphere' are actually the ones who suck the life out of it.

It was the same pre COVID before I stopped going. There was a group of cunts at the back of the Brummie banging and slamming the corrugated metal behind the back row, swearing, shouting, hurling abuse, only bothering with the angry, tribal chants. Then moaning at the rest of the crowd around then for 'not supporting the team'. Not realising that if they were to get a few round of TLMS or "We will follow the Albion" going, it might encourage more neutral fans to get involved.
I don't know anyone yearning for spite .
Hearling abuse at the opposition fans has been going on for over 50/60 years and probably longer than that .
It's tribalism it's what football is between supporters......calling someone a wanker from 60 yards is different to chucking bottles etc .

I give these young lads a bit of leeway I'm sure some of us have forgotten what's it's like being 14/15/16 with your mates .
Tony pulis is a wanker 
Full house but quite a few of the season ticket holders don’t turn up, 5 right next to me and my Grand kids it’s fucking annoying. The tosses by us think oh we’re not allowed to chant and sing, they’re pathetic. Last night was a new dawn but you would have thought it was a funeral. They did manage to clap when they saw our new owner.
(02-17-2024, 02:31 PM)Woodman scoreboard Wrote:
(02-17-2024, 01:24 PM)Malcolm Tucker Wrote:

(02-17-2024, 01:56 PM)Lurker#3 Wrote: The problem is the knuckle draggers yearning for spite and anger in the ground as thats what they class as 'atmosphere' are actually the ones who suck the life out of it.

I don't know anyone yearning for spite .
Hearling abuse at the opposition fans has been going on for over 50/60 years and probably longer than that .
It's tribalism it's what football is between supporters......calling someone a wanker from 60 yards is different to chucking bottles etc .

I give these young lads a bit of leeway I'm sure some of us have forgotten what's it's like being 14/15/16 with your mates .

That's why I stopped going. 

I don't want to have an afternoon out where the culture is to call somebody you don't know a wanker, and people celebrate it. 

If that's what people want, thats fine, and good luck to them. I wouldn't want to sterilise their experience, instead I'll stick to watching at home and buying my replica tops every year as my way of supporting the club.
(02-17-2024, 01:22 PM)EastMidsBaggie Wrote:
(02-17-2024, 11:10 AM)Woodman scoreboard Wrote: The club have totally killed it even before a ball has been kicked ....any team coming here must love it ....no hostility whatsoever. 

The powers in charge have stopped the Liquidator in fear of a riot on 75 mins and closing part of the millennium corner where there was a rowdy crowd there .

Yesterday should have been rocking it was flat as a witches tit ..

Big up to the fat bastard steward man handling that looked like a 14 year old kid for flicking the v's at the away end .

Never got going last night.
The pumping music right up until kick off meant no chants could ring around pre match.
Also, those bloody blocks of empty seats match after match irritates (in the East Stand lower towards the BRE and a few in the lower Smethwick).
Massive over reaction to take out and cover all the ML corner with yet more Darcy cr8p.
So, it that going to continue ? And now our capacity as shrunk to barely 25k ?
Agree with all this. The bloody music when the fans should be getting going, and after a good win when everyone wants to sing aloud, drives me mad. The empty seats when we have had something like 4 in 5 games as sell outs. The stupid Marc Darcy thing, take it from the away fans allocation  FFS.