The Gaouchan Lai era
The photo of Lai in the front seat of a car, bombing down the M5, he's clearly on a child booster seat, thumbing it up.

That's about it. The cnut.
(02-16-2024, 01:38 AM)Man from delmonte Wrote: He gave us a free can of Carling on the first home game of the season. Until Patel does the same I’m not convinced he’s any better than Mr Lai.

This bloke's class. It'll be Madri.
Would rather talk to ChatGPT
As much as it was a disaster, they lost a fortune of their own money, they made bad football decisions and that can and will happen to lots of clubs. When people say they robbed the club- did they really or did they try and get as much money back as possible. They paid far too much, got stopped by the their own government and their other businesses turned to shit. An all round mess.
(02-16-2024, 06:44 AM)aj21 Wrote: As much as it was a disaster, they lost a fortune of their own money, they made bad football decisions and that can and will happen to lots of clubs. When people say they robbed the club- did they really or did they try and get as much money back as possible. They paid far too much, got stopped by the their own government and their other businesses turned to shit. An all round mess.

You can't steal what is yours!
(02-16-2024, 06:44 AM)aj21 Wrote: As much as it was a disaster, they lost a fortune of their own money the Chinese Governments money, they made bad football decisions and that can and will happen to lots of clubs. When people say they robbed the club- did they really or did they try and get as much money back as possible. They paid far too much, got stopped by the their own government and their other businesses turned to shit. An all round mess.

Slight edit for you.
He personally did nothing for this club.
He and subsequently we became the victims of circumstance when the CCP pulled investment in foreign football just as he paid top dollar for us!!…
No successful businessman enjoys losing money!!!…
(02-16-2024, 06:51 AM)SausEggBaton Wrote:
(02-16-2024, 06:44 AM)aj21 Wrote: As much as it was a disaster, they lost a fortune of their own money the Chinese Governments money, they made bad football decisions and that can and will happen to lots of clubs. When people say they robbed the club- did they really or did they try and get as much money back as possible. They paid far too much, got stopped by the their own government and their other businesses turned to shit. An all round mess.

Slight edit for you.

Well said. Whose money was it really?
(02-16-2024, 07:20 AM)Pipes of Peace Wrote: He personally did nothing for this club.

Signing the paperwork to sell the club? 

He could have refused to sell up and continued to take money out of the accounts. 

He was a shit owner, and I really don't want to sound like I'm saying otherwise, but he was a victim of circumstance. I'm glad he's gone, but I really don't think he's the evil character many paint him to be.
(02-16-2024, 07:30 AM)SuperBob2002 Wrote:
(02-16-2024, 07:20 AM)Pipes of Peace Wrote: He personally did nothing for this club.

Signing the paperwork to sell the club? 

He could have refused to sell up and continued to take money out of the accounts. 

He was a shit owner, and I really don't want to sound like I'm saying otherwise, but he was a victim of circumstance. I'm glad he's gone, but I really don't think he's the evil character many paint him to be.
I don't suppose he's evil. None of us knows that.
But it's clear that he just didn't care.