The shelves
Is it only me who has noticed that there seems to be supply issues once more? Each of the supermarkets I’ve been in in the last couple of weeks seems to have at least a few sections that are usually full but completely barren
Someone could have been killed
<sigh>

Is this bullshit still going on? I thought shortages were restricted to Coventry last time?

Let me know what you need and I’ll pick it up from one of the amply supplied supermarkets over here.
(02-01-2024, 10:25 PM)Protheroe Wrote: <sigh>

Is this bullshit still going on? I thought shortages were restricted to Coventry last time?

Let me know what you need and I’ll pick it up from one of the amply supplied supermarkets over here.

Some gluten free biscuits and large spring onions please. Leave it at the border if you will.
(02-01-2024, 06:19 PM)CaptainFantastico Wrote: Is it only me who has noticed that there seems to be supply issues once more? Each of the supermarkets I’ve been in in the last couple of weeks seems to have at least a few sections that are usually full but completely barren

Decent asparagus apparently; not much on the shelves and what there is looks a bit stringy. I only know this because Mrs O is a bit of a connoisseur; I'm more of a peas and carrots throwback.

And white (green) grapes; most of them seem to be short-dated and already going brown, even if you're prepared to part with Waitrose or M&S prices.
I think Proth is confusing a suggestion we are all gonna starve with a genuine observation that some supply chains seem very iffy. It’s pretty much every time I go there are some sections look they’ve been ram raided
(02-01-2024, 10:51 PM)CaptainFantastico Wrote:

Some gluten free biscuits and large spring onions please. Leave it at the border if you will.

Don't mention spring onions, he'll act like it's a preserve of the upper classes instead of something that costs less than £1 again.
(02-01-2024, 10:51 PM)CaptainFantastico Wrote:

I'll nip over the Spar in a minute.
I tell you what seems to appear for two days and then disappear are those kilo bags of mini-eggs. Why the fugg don't Cadbury's make more of those, FFS sake?
(02-02-2024, 08:12 AM)Fido Wrote: I tell you what seems to appear for two days and then disappear are those kilo bags of mini-eggs. Why the fugg don't Cadbury's make more of those, FFS sake?

I’ve heard the parrot couldn’t get a visa so it’s all fucked.
Only thing I've not been able to get in my local Aldi is four pints of skimmed milk, they've not stocked those since new year it seems.