Today
Gone pop now ain’t they. Must be an odd one for the true fans
Someone could have been killed
(01-28-2024, 10:45 PM)Squid Wrote: A big issue, IMO was that the trouble erupted just after we went 2-0 down. The match was over in the eyes of many and so a chunk of the brain dead found it much more enjoyable to act the idiot at the front of the Brummie. Had it happened when the score was 1-1, people would have behaved better.

Ultimately, stewarding and policing was not fit for purpose today. It took a ludicrously long time to shift that Dingle, which made matters far worse.

Yet, ironically, I can't recall ever seeing as many police around the ground. There were lots of police vehicles filling the Bakery car park and the Sandwell Academy car park.

The near forty Wulfs' coaches were effectively kept in a bubble down Middlemore Lane with police lines stopping them moving outside of that so you'd think it would have been more than enough to stop both sets of fans from kicking off.

I was surprised that we had trouble inside the ground today though equally surprised I've not heard of violence and confrontations on the trams and many shared towns pre and post match.
Drove up to the ground quite early and already there seemed a lot of Albion youngsters drinking on the streets in large groups.
Yes, quite sad as they've been as high as 4th in the National League 10 years back. Then lost their top scorer and manager to Wrexham in a matter of weeks. And they took Middlesboro to an FA Cup reply around 2006/7.

Phoenix club is being planned.
(01-28-2024, 10:58 PM)CaptainFantastico Wrote: Gone pop now ain’t they. Must be an odd one for the true fans

Aye, absolute mess from the fallout of the stadium problems. They're a fairly big club at this level, much bigger than Leamington are despite Brakes having the recent successes. Though their fans are/were absolute arses every time I've had the displeasure of interacting with them.

I know Brakes are accepting Nuneaton season tickets now until the end of the season, I'm not sure what will happen but it wasn't sustainable playing in Barwell and Stratford. It was a bit surreal going to the CBS Arena as a neutral to watch them in an FA Trophy game - fair play to Cov and Mike Ashley for doing that for them.

(01-28-2024, 11:06 PM)ColliersWoodBaggie Wrote: Yes, quite sad as they've been as high as 4th in the National League 10 years back. Then lost their top scorer and manager to Wrexham in a matter of weeks. And they took Middlesboro to an FA Cup reply around 2006/7.

Phoenix club is being planned.

Third reforming since 1990. Key thing for them is to sort out a stadium otherwise this will happen again.
Went 'up the boro' a couple of times with my step dad in the 90s (we lived in Hinckley). Sad to think they're gone again.
(01-28-2024, 10:45 PM)Squid Wrote: A big issue, IMO was that the trouble erupted just after we went 2-0 down. The match was over in the eyes of many and so a chunk of the brain dead found it much more enjoyable to act the idiot at the front of the Brummie. Had it happened when the score was 1-1, people would have behaved better.

Ultimately, stewarding and policing was not fit for purpose today. It took a ludicrously long time to shift that Dingle, which made matters far worse.

Good point, as the trouble at Villa away in the FA Cup QF also started when we went 2-0 down with around 10 mins left. The one thing that sticks with me about that time is the sound of seats being broken almost simultaneously, as if it were somehow orchestrated.
He’s gorra gew, Franksy!
(01-28-2024, 10:21 PM)Duffers Wrote: Surely coke was a bigger issue then booze today?

Hard to imagine people getting pissed enough to act that way pre-11am.

It was carnage walking up the Brum Rd from the town. 10AM! Gangs of pissed up blokes swigging from cans AOTS. We crossed the road a few times to try and avoid them but they were literally all along the road. I didn't have a pint in the town yesterday but I'm thinking it would not have been a pleasant stay.
(01-29-2024, 10:40 AM)Tom Joad Wrote:
(01-28-2024, 10:21 PM)Duffers Wrote: Surely coke was a bigger issue then booze today?

Hard to imagine people getting pissed enough to act that way pre-11am.

It was carnage walking up the Brum Rd from the town. 10AM!  Gangs of pissed up blokes swigging from cans AOTS. We crossed the road a few times to try and avoid them but they were literally all along the road. I didn't have a pint in the town yesterday but I'm thinking it would not have been a pleasant stay.

Pretty much what my mate said. All in town. Walking up Halfords Lane I saw quite a few drinking from bottles/cans, more or less in sight of some of the police.