You’re in the army now!
(01-24-2024, 01:13 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(01-24-2024, 01:09 PM)Logic1 Wrote: Disgrace that there are talks of tax cuts when our Army has been hugely depleted, spending per person on health has flat-lined, our schools are crumbling and many councils are effectively bankrupt. How on earth can it be justified? 

Question you have to ask yourself... will you vote for a party that gives you a temporary tax cut (that you can spend on conspicuous consumption, like your pet dog) at the expense of investing in public services that you might not be utilising today, but are very likely to be using later.

Depends how it is invested. The Baroness Mone case springs to mind.

Interesting excuse to take tax cut bribe.
We should start with Ben Foster as soon as he's finished apologising to all of the war veterans for not playing for England
Would rather talk to ChatGPT
(01-24-2024, 01:19 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(01-24-2024, 01:13 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(01-24-2024, 01:09 PM)Logic1 Wrote: Disgrace that there are talks of tax cuts when our Army has been hugely depleted, spending per person on health has flat-lined, our schools are crumbling and many councils are effectively bankrupt. How on earth can it be justified? 

Question you have to ask yourself... will you vote for a party that gives you a temporary tax cut (that you can spend on conspicuous consumption, like your pet dog) at the expense of investing in public services that you might not be utilising today, but are very likely to be using later.

Depends how it is invested. The Baroness Mone case springs to mind.

Interesting excuse to take tax cut bribe.

No. I'm waiting to see how Labour handles these issues in the next Government, and I'll then come back and take a swipe at a few people  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
You’ll have to get the f***ers out of bed first
Good luck with that one.
(01-24-2024, 01:02 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(01-24-2024, 12:57 PM)Ted Maul Wrote: National service is always shouted loudest for by the fuckers who managed to avoid it last time.

Yep, no one under 75 has done national service and yet there are some very keen to inflict it on others.
Yes..im.one of em. But i grew up with discipline and respect..unlike many now. And obvs 'some' parents arent instilling that so yeh..id happily inflict it on some of the arseoles skulking around now.
(01-24-2024, 05:19 PM)baggie93 Wrote:
(01-24-2024, 12:57 PM)Ted Maul Wrote: National service is always shouted loudest for by the fuckers who managed to avoid it last time.

Yep, no one under 75 has done national service and yet there are some very keen to inflict it on others.
Yes..im.one of em. But i grew up with discipline and respect..unlike many now. And obvs 'some' parents arent instilling that so yeh..id happily inflict it on some of the arseoles skulking around now.

You did national service or you would like others to do so?
(01-24-2024, 05:31 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(01-24-2024, 05:19 PM)baggie93 Wrote:

You did national service or you would like others to do so?

I think he is saying he didn’t do it as he’s too young and he’d like the little snot rag arseholes to do so.
I told you I’ll be back
If and when it does go all out, I doubt the serious battles will be won via having an extra 200k people fighting hand to hand once all the nukes have been detonated
Someone could have been killed
If someone kills Putin and a sensible bloke takes over, then we can all leave happily ever after once more.

They’ve been flexing their muscles for too long, intentionally flying in to different countries air space and sailing in to waters they shouldn’t.

The west should have stood up to Putin when they invaded Crimea, instead of letting him think he can invade whatever country he likes and get away with it.
I told you I’ll be back
Do you reckon Russia has a long line of sensible blokes poised to assume power?
Someone could have been killed