UK and US to bomb Yemen tonight
(01-13-2024, 09:10 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: I’m just glad that the Israel and Hamas war is leading to greater security in the area.

6 months ago when I predicted a civil war on Israel the oracle once again told us there was no chance of such an event…
Someone could have been killed
(01-13-2024, 09:12 AM)CaptainFantastico Wrote: 6 months ago when I predicted a civil war on Israel the oracle once again told us there was no chance of such an event…

Is there a civil war in Israel? I must have missed that.

Can you also point out where I referred to Palestinians as "evil"?
(01-13-2024, 09:11 AM)Protheroe Wrote:
(01-12-2024, 10:35 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:
(01-12-2024, 09:51 PM)CaptainFantastico Wrote:
(01-12-2024, 04:55 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:
(01-12-2024, 03:32 PM)Protheroe Wrote: I see the Yemenis are indulging in the usual flag burning and death to America / Israel / Britain pantomime today. The Middle East really is the armpit of the universe, what on Earth did they expect? You can't attack the developed world's commercial shipping and not expect a response. Even in-bred mountain guerillas like the Houthis know that.

Which Yemenis? Yemen is a fractured mess.

The generically labelled ones. Duh.

I'm sure the people in Aden will love being conflated with people in Sana. It's not like there's a huge civil war with those two cities in completely different zones of control with very different opinions on western intervention or anything.

That's true, in Aden they like burning the Egyptian and UAE flags as well as burning the Israeli flag. Politics in the Middle East is so complex - if only they had something like the EU to keep the peace, eh? 

Well, that or advance from whatever interpretation of a 6th century Sky Fairy prevails from day to day. Yemen is like Stoke on Trent - whichever way you look at it, it has no redeeming features.

What the hell are you even arguing? A country that has been in a state of civil war for a decade as a result of the effects of British colonialism, Western foreign policy failures from the cold war and various sects of a religion using it as a proxy for their geopolitical disputes isn't a stable country, no shit. The fact is that that Yemen is a fractured mess, you can't conflate the response of people in Houthi-controlled territory with the areas that are under Al-Qaeda control or are under control of the Presidential Council (which is multiple different factions fighting each other as it is).
Yes, I can. It's a complete cesspit - where all peoples only come together in their contempt for the US and Israel.

Oh, and it's our fault they're in such a state again, is it? <groan>

Just go and beat yourself with birch branch again on a Saturday morning why don't you.
(01-13-2024, 09:38 AM)Protheroe Wrote:
(01-13-2024, 09:12 AM)CaptainFantastico Wrote: 6 months ago when I predicted a civil war on Israel the oracle once again told us there was no chance of such an event…

Is there a civil war in Israel? I must have missed that.

Can you also point out where I referred to Palestinians as "evil"?

You’re either accepting Palestine and the West Bank are different countries or don’t understand the definition of a civil war.

The Proth Paradox
(01-12-2024, 03:32 PM)Protheroe Wrote: I see the Yemenis are indulging in the usual flag burning and death to America / Israel / Britain pantomime today. The Middle East really is the armpit of the universe, what on Earth did they expect? You can't attack the developed world's commercial shipping and not expect a response. Even in-bred mountain guerillas like the Houthis know that.

If only they were civilised like us Europeans 

We have so much to teach them.

Just don't mention  the purges in Russia that saw millions of people murdered.

The horrors of Nazi Germany, that sought to exterminate a world religion, amongst other groups, leading to millions of people murdered.

The consequences of colonialism, which had many negative impacts on indigenous populatiobs, fir example the deaths of millions of Bengalis in the early 1940s. A famine that could have been averted.

All these things happened within the last 100 years, hardly ancient history.

I've always thought that those who live in glasshouses should refrain from lobbing stones.
It definitely has a very troubling tone of racial superiority at times
(01-13-2024, 09:47 AM)Protheroe Wrote: Yes, I can. It's a complete cesspit - where all peoples only come together in their contempt for the US and Israel.

Oh, and it's our fault they're in such a state again, is it? <groan>

Just go and beat yourself with birch branch again on a Saturday morning why don't you.

One of the factions in the Presidential Council literally exists because of the fallout of the Aden colony and you know full well the foreign policy failures from the cold war in relation to funding islamic extremist groups in Saudi Arabia and Iran that are now using Yemen as a staging ground for their religious proxy war.

You are seriously embarrassing yourself.
(01-13-2024, 09:11 AM)Protheroe Wrote:
(01-12-2024, 10:35 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:
(01-12-2024, 09:51 PM)CaptainFantastico Wrote:
(01-12-2024, 04:55 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:

Which Yemenis? Yemen is a fractured mess.

The generically labelled ones. Duh.

I'm sure the people in Aden will love being conflated with people in Sana. It's not like there's a huge civil war with those two cities in completely different zones of control with very different opinions on western intervention or anything.

That's true, in Aden they like burning the Egyptian and UAE flags as well as burning the Israeli flag. Politics in the Middle East is so complex - if only they had something like the EU to keep the peace, eh? 

Well, that or advance from whatever interpretation of a 6th century Sky Fairy prevails from day to day. Yemen is like Stoke on Trent - whichever way you look at it, it has no redeeming features.

It was a mistake naming it the Arab League as they now think it’s some kind of competition.

(01-13-2024, 10:05 AM)CaptainFantastico Wrote: It definitely has a very troubling tone of racial superiority at times

Islam causes a great regression in any society it’s embedded in but that’s a religious thing, not a racial one.
Has it caused a great regression in the one we live in?

If I look at everything that has regressed in the past 15 years, the roots are political, not branding all members of one country/nation/culture as council estate

In fact, some of the greatest contributors to that regression are on this very thread