Tom Fellows
The news wires are full of stories this morning that Everton want to buy Tom Fellows on the cheap.  Club will only have itself to blame for not securing a new contract for him before now, but lack of ability to offer new contracts due to our financial position will always carry risk and consequences. 

Let’s hope the new owners can tie him up with a new contract and a suitable buyout clause, which is probably the best we can hope for.  This is why we are never able to sell youngsters for the £20m fees that other Championship clubs manage to get.
Not sure we should be wetting our pants over losing a player that's yet to play substantial professional minutes.

That being said, he does look promising and it is frustrating that the regulations of the game allow top sides to poach academy prospects for peanuts. While this benefits the elite nothing will change.
Let's hope Our Tom "does a Bellingham" then, eh?

Sign a new contract, continue progression.

AKA doing the right thing.
(01-10-2024, 08:01 AM)Pragmatist Wrote: The news wires are full of stories this morning that Everton want to buy Tom Fellows on the cheap.  Club will only have itself to blame for not securing a new contract for him before now, but lack of ability to offer new contracts due to our financial position will always carry risk and consequences. 

Let’s hope the new owners can tie him up with a new contract and a suitable buyout clause, which is probably the best we can hope for.  This is why we are never able to sell youngsters for the £20m fees that other Championship clubs manage to get.

This. Which is all down to Lai & Co (and Dowling for his buy now, pay forever finance scheme, for Grant).
I told you I’ll be back
(01-10-2024, 08:10 AM)baggiebloke Wrote: Let's hope Our Tom "does a Bellingham" then, eh?

Sign a contract with a £15m-£20m release clause in it. Job done, everyone is a winner.
(01-10-2024, 08:10 AM)baggiebloke Wrote: Let's hope Our Tom "does a Bellingham" then, eh?

Yep. Not sure if anyone has seen his interview on the OS. He's a real level headed, down to earth kid with his head screwed on. He fully admits he's miles from the finished article and he wants to keep learning and progressing. He looks a very good prospect but he's nowhere near Prem ready.

As long as we offer him decent terms I think we'll be ok. It's if our old staff down at the fishy lot want him that I'll start worrying.
If a decent offer comes in we need the money.
No matter what I feel the club's future is more important.
It's the Lai and who ever else is pi55ing about with buying the club's fault.
I must admit I've lost faith with them all.
We have to accept selling is part and parcel of the business.
(01-10-2024, 08:31 AM)Remi_Moses Wrote: If a decent offer comes in we need the money.

Shit poem. It doesn't even rhyme FFS sake.
I told you I’ll be back
(01-10-2024, 08:36 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(01-10-2024, 08:31 AM)Remi_Moses Wrote: If a decent offer comes in we need the money.

Shit poem. It doesn't even rhyme FFS sake.

Oh, piss off!  Big Grin

I think the fact we've now entered into negotiations with Fellows means the sale of the club is all but done. I think we are very close to the new owners coming in personally.

But the fact we have left it this late is shocking. Who is the loans manager? Is it still Brunty? I just wonder what reports were coming back from his time at Crawley last season. He looks to have come on leaps and bounds this season. If he didn't pull up tree's last season then it was probably difficult this summer to offer him new terms. Is his huge recent progression simply down to working with Carlos? If so then that should tell the player he needs to stick with us.

It's very reminiscent of Ferguson under Bilic. Seemingly got plucked from nowhere when Bilic took a shine to him but he was also in the last year of his deal and we all know how that ended up.

Hopefully Tom signs up so we'll get paid. That's all I really care about tbh. I hate losing good kids for nothing.