Jimmy Sham's pre match statement on Sky.....
The only thing promotion gives us is £100 million to do the rebuilding - even if we come back down so what. We need the money or we're done for.
(04-10-2019, 12:29 PM)Black penny Wrote: The only thing promotion gives us is £100 million to do the rebuilding - even if we come back down so what. We need the money or we're done for.

Why are we? What money did Norwich have this season?
(04-10-2019, 12:37 PM)Atomic Wrote:
(04-10-2019, 12:29 PM)Black penny Wrote: The only thing promotion gives us is £100 million to do the rebuilding - even if we come back down so what. We need the money or we're done for.

Why are we? What money did Norwich have this season?

We spent that money and more before - buying experienced "Premier League" players and high profile loans who then played dispiriting soulless football, got relegated and ended up in debt for the first time in decades.   I don't want that again.  

Money alone does not equal success.

Good manager, scouting infrastructure and balanced squad plus a dollop of fan/board patience seems to be the recipe to me.

Of course i want us to get promoted, but I don't see the "we are done for" argument.  We are just as likely to develop a new set-up from being in this division; playing the youngsters who would get buried in the PL and using the parachute money to buy good hungry players from the cheaper markets. i know that football has moved on since the days of finding an Olson, Mulumbu, Dorrans (although Villa have mined the Scottish league well) even a Koren, but Norwich have shown it can still be done without spending shit-loads if the correct set-up is in place - as have other teams who have stuck with the manager and built ie Sheff Utd and Bristol City.

Prem is the promised land, but not the only land.