Alex Neill
How some of you slate off Neil as a cheap and lazy appointment { if it happens } annoy me, did a good job at Norwich in getting them promoted and doing a great job with a young side in which he has no money to spend at Preston. Not my choice but for me it is better than going back to the dinosaurs some of you are mentioning . Remember Allardyce, Rednappe, Jol, Pardew and Hughes are available and no sides be it in the Premiership or the Championship have snapped them up,and some of you are mentioning there names for us { except Pardew } you must be suckers for punishment. I want Yankovic in but compared to the ones mentioned Neil for me would be a sound choice.
(04-10-2019, 08:58 AM)igorbalis Wrote:  I would get Clarkey Cat in till the end of the season, and then see where we are. 

Sorry but it's all this clinging on to the past that is the cause of most of our problems.
(04-10-2019, 09:10 AM)Dumbo Wrote:
(04-10-2019, 09:05 AM)Brunty Wrote: The bloke who left Norwich in a mess, brilliant.

Other than getting them relegated, after previously getting them promoted...how did he leave them in a mess?

He made a lot of poor signings on big wages after they were relegated. Norwich fans have a very poor opinion of him. 

I fear for us if we appoint Neil.
Norwich fans loved Neil when he got then promoted. Preston fans think he has done a great job on a shoestring budget. Swings and roundabouts come to mind . Whoever comes in will get my backing wether I like the appointment or not. Just remember for every Pardew there is a Megson and a lot of fans did not want him.
(04-10-2019, 09:35 AM)wba13 Wrote: Norwich fans loved Neil when he got then promoted. Preston fans think he has done a great job on a shoestring budget. Swings and roundabouts come to mind . Whoever comes in will get my backing wether I like the appointment or not. Just remember for every Pardew there is a Megson  and a lot of fans did not want him.

+1

He wouldn't be a sexy appointment, and certainly wouldn't be my first choice, but he's had a degree of success wherever he's managed, and he's still very young. I'm not in the know in any shape or form, but I get the impression that we're not prepared to push the boat out for someone like Jokanovic, and given the fact that Neil is used to working on a budget, and brought kids through at Norwich, he'll fit our bill. Whoever (eventually) gets the job needs to be given 2 or 3 seasons, and be provided with clear guidance and support from Lai & Jenkins. That's the part of the jigsaw that is of the most concern, and is a vital part of any successful club.
(04-10-2019, 09:35 AM)wba13 Wrote: Norwich fans loved Neil when he got then promoted. Preston fans think he has done a great job on a shoestring budget. Swings and roundabouts come to mind . Whoever comes in will get my backing wether I like the appointment or not. Just remember for every Pardew there is a Megson  and a lot of fans did not want him.

Exactly the reason that the wanker's in charge of the shit-hole of an organisation, that they've reduced our club to, are interested in getting him in, he works with a shoestring budget, tells you everything about our owners plans/ambitions.   Angry
Pochettino was sacked by Espanyol when they were bottom of La Liga shortly before he went to Saints. Most people at the time thought it was a disgrace replacing the wily Nigel Adkins with such an obviously flawed replacement.

Managers fail - it's inevitable - but it doesn't mean they are useless or couldn't succeed in different circumstances. My view is that Alex Neil does not excite me in any way, shape or form and I'm pretty certain it'll prove to be another duff decision by a rudderless club.

Having said that, we desperately need a proper MANAGER to knock these total wasters into shape. A no-nonsense Scottish bawler could be ideal. I can't bear to look at Dawson's face anymore - a limited footballer who has ideas above his station and feels he only has to put in a cursory effort. I want to slap him and I'm pretty sure someone like Neill would.

It seems to me that there has never been a better example of a club in need of a strong manager and it makes it even more incredulous that we have sacked Big Dave and just let it meander on.

If Neill is the man, it'll be interesting to see what happens on Saturday. A very strange situation indeed.
(04-09-2019, 09:38 PM)Albion Wrote: No thanks, he’s just lost 3 on the bounce.

Possibly because they know he'd happily dump them. 

Similar to Spurs when Potchettino was linked to Man Utd.
(04-10-2019, 10:26 AM)Psalm23 Wrote:

Exactly the reason that the wanker's in charge of the shit-hole of an organisation, that they've reduced our club to, are interested in getting him in, he works with a shoestring budget, tells you everything about our owners plans/ambitions.   Angry

Or he gets the best out of squad and budget? We could get Arry in and he could get the bear minimum out of a squad and spend millions in the process.
(04-10-2019, 10:26 AM)Psalm23 Wrote:

Villa had Smith as he did well on a shoestring budget at brentford.......