A third of a season thoughts and marks?
Pretty-much we've had the first 3rd of the season and there's not really a heap of talk about how well it's going.

Not a bad thing all in all, after the last couple of years, but we're certainly a bit ahead of the curve I expected.

We're now being mentioned as play off likelies, but, of course, we won't allow that to enter our heads, and rightly so.

We've learnt without doubt that Palmer is the real deal.He brings a calmness to the defence and presence that neither of his colleagues did last season. It all adds to the bewilderment of last season choosing Button. Griffiths is a good no. 2. 

Our defence has been the key to our top 6 place. The simple thing about not letting in goals being the cornerstone.

Bartley, is this really the spacegoat of recent times? He looks calm and assured. 

Of course we then have Kipre. He's a beast, but also the best laser of the ball from a defender we've had since? He's my player of the season so far.

The midfield is so solid that Molumby, probably our best performer last season can't get a look in. Getting Mowatt back seems a blessing. 

Grady is having a rebirth- immense in the 2nd half today, as he was v QPR. Swift was showing his promise before he was sidelined. Chalobah is looking like he actually has something too.

Up front BTA is solid in tough times for our front line- I think importantly he is playing close to midfield holding the ball up and think this is helping draw our midfielders forward.

We then have the conjurer of Sarmiento as well. It's a joy to watch his cameos. As the season develops he is so exciting.

We are keeping a fired up Matt Phillips out of the hydropool too. This is the best run of form he's had in 3-4 years IMHO.

Also, lest we forget, we've had some key injuries, and hopefully Maja will be back soon to add something.

Corberan deserves huge credit. He fits square pegs in square holes and round ones in round ones. He hasn't made many bad calls this season.

Much now depends on the bean counters in the boardroom. Keep this lot together till May we certainly will finish there or thereabouts. Despite my happy-clappy thoughts though, I don't think top 2 is achievable. I fully expect Leicester and Leeds to get them.

It's a 9/10 so far all around for me.
Exceeding my expectations, but I'm still expecting us to implode as I still think we're fragile, then again hopefully that expectation is proven unfounded too...
Way too early to matter, but a vast improvement on where we've been since the Slav Champ Season.