Newcastle
(11-04-2023, 09:52 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(11-04-2023, 09:45 PM)Sliced Wrote:
(11-04-2023, 09:24 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(11-04-2023, 08:27 PM)Sliced Wrote:
(11-04-2023, 08:19 PM)Albionmad Wrote: Which says a lot about Bruce.

Eddie Howe is where he is backed by a nation state and its influence.

Football at its highest levels is riddled with corruption beit in the UK, Italy, France, Spain and Germany.

Can’t agree. There’s no way that squad should be pushing for top 5
You're normally pretty good with football stuff, but you're wrong there, it's a very, very good squad.

I've said so many times, it's about blending strengths and Newcastle have done it perfectly so far, as we used to. Ashwirth showing his influence, again.

I appreciate the compliment birdie Big Grin

However, that starting 11 today included Nick Pope, Jamal Lascelles, Dan Burn, Fabian Schar, Longstaff, Joelinton, Callum Wilson, Antony Gordon, Miguel Almiron. The vast majority of which don’t get anywhere near their national teams, and the ones that do wouldn’t start for the vast majority of the teams around them.

Blending strengths comes from the manager as well as Ashworth. Individually those players are punching way above their weight.

That's... That's my point. They've built a squad to punch above the weight of its individual parts, as we did with much less money. As Ferguson's United did at times, coaching them well, playing the way that suits them, that's what matters.

Then we largely agree. My point is if you replaced Eddie Howe with someone else, I don’t think that team would be near where it is now
(11-04-2023, 10:04 PM)Sliced Wrote:
(11-04-2023, 09:24 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(11-04-2023, 08:27 PM)Sliced Wrote: Can’t agree. There’s no way that squad should be pushing for top 5
You're normally pretty good with football stuff, but you're wrong there, it's a very, very good squad.

I've said so many times, it's about blending strengths and Newcastle have done it perfectly so far, as we used to. Ashwirth showing his influence, again.

However, that starting 11 today included Nick Pope, Jamal Lascelles, Dan Burn, Fabian Schar, Longstaff, Joelinton, Callum Wilson, Antony Gordon, Miguel Almiron. The vast majority of which don’t get anywhere near their national teams, and the ones that do wouldn’t start for the vast majority of the teams around them.

Blending strengths comes from the manager as well as Ashworth. Individually those players are punching way above their weight.

That's... That's my point. They've built a squad to punch above the weight of its individual parts, as we did with much less money. As Ferguson's United did at times, coaching them well, playing the way that suits them, that's what matters.

Then we largely agree. My point is if you replaced Eddie Howe with someone else, I don’t think that team would be near where it is now

Ok, fair, yeah we do agree then.
I'll never hate them anywhere the levels if Man U, Man C, Liverpool, Everton, Chelsea, Seals or Dingles... Too many to hate before they even enter my thoughts.
(11-04-2023, 10:54 PM)NewWanker Wrote: I'll never hate them anywhere the levels if Man U, Man C, Liverpool, Everton, Chelsea, Seals or Dingles... Too many to hate before they even enter my thoughts.

Nah. I manage to despise 'em all.
(11-04-2023, 10:06 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(11-04-2023, 09:24 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: You're normally pretty good with football stuff, but you're wrong there, it's a very, very good squad.

That list of players I posted further up were all at the club long before Howe and the Saudis rolled in and were largely forgettable.

Howe has gotten these players (including Jacob fucking Murphy!) looking like they belong in the top four.
(11-05-2023, 06:59 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(11-04-2023, 10:06 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(11-04-2023, 09:45 PM)Sliced Wrote: I appreciate the compliment birdie Big Grin

That list of players I posted further up were all at the club long before Howe and the Saudis rolled in and were largely forgettable.

Howe has gotten these players (including Jacob fucking Murphy!) looking like they belong in the top four.

The Murphy example is scarcely believable. What an absolute wet blanket that lad was on loan with us.
The way some are going on here you'd think they look like winning the title. They're 6th, which with the squad they have is more or less where they should be.
Not to mention they are all playing out their skins in the hope of a vastly improved new contract…
In the form of his life.
Anybody that can knock villa down a place or two in the table will do for me.. I even wanted fuckin liverpool to win today.