Central Midfield
(11-04-2023, 09:54 PM)Jerry Wrote: Kipre:
When he first came he couldn’t head a ball and reading of the game was crap.
Went out on loan came back overweight and played like he had a parachute attached to his arse.
Played a bit under Val but game Bruce took over was absolutely crap and Bruce went with Semi who was in the wilderness at the time.
Went on loan and now this season is fitter, faster and is an actual defender.
It has taken a long time but maybe we have a real defender now who is so far player of the season.
I am amazed the improvement he has made and long may it continue.

Kipre was improving every game before Bruce. That fugging eejit chip monster sent Kipre, Palmer and Mowatt out on loan without a proper look. Now I know these days we gave a real manager that works to improve players but even so, there is no excuse for being as utterly incompetent as Mr. Potato Head. And before anyone jumps in with " he's a really nice guy". No, he stole a living and was too idle to actually do the job he was paid handsomely for.
(11-04-2023, 11:30 PM)Tom Joad Wrote:
Went out on loan came back overweight and played like he had a parachute attached to his arse.
Played a bit under Val but game Bruce took over was absolutely crap and Bruce went with Semi who was in the wilderness at the time.
It has taken a long time but maybe we have a real defender now who is so far player of the season.

Kipre was improving every game before Bruce. That fugging eejit chip monster sent Kipre, Palmer and Mowatt out on loan without a proper look. Now I know these days we gave a real manager that works to improve players but even so, there is no excuse for being as utterly incompetent as Mr. Potato Head. And before anyone jumps in with " he's a really nice guy". No, he stole a living and was too idle to actually do the job he was paid handsomely for.

What a post!

Can't ardue with that.  Proof. Pudding.
(11-04-2023, 11:30 PM)MancBaggie Wrote:

What a post!

Seconded.

I said when we sent him to Cardiff we've just sent our best CH out on loan.

Also said at the start of the season with him and Mowatt back and Palmer a fixture we were arguably stronger than last season, which raised a few challenges on here at the time
Someone could have been killed
There’s no doubt we are better balanced this year even with only three additions.

- proper cover at RB
- well stocked at CH
- Fellows covering the wing
- CM options and combinations
- Maja and Sarmiento strong additions up top

Yesterday we brought on Chalabah, Fellows, Molumby, Ajayi and Sarmiento…that’s an unbelievably strong bench. Then you’ve still got Pieters, Swift, Maja and Dike.

I know we love to hate on ourselves but we are a very very competitive squad.
(11-05-2023, 10:57 AM)BurleyBaggie Wrote: There’s no doubt we are better balanced this year even with only three additions.

- proper cover at RB
- well stocked at CH

Yesterday we brought on Chalabah, Fellows, Molumby, Ajayi and Sarmiento…that’s an unbelievably strong bench. Then you’ve still got Pieters, Swift, Maja and Dike.

Correct. Never bought into this bollocks about a “thin squad” as most sides in this division are a couple of injuries/suspensions away from struggling in key areas of the pitch. 

If we can have something like normal luck with injuries over the course of the season then top 6 should be the absolute minimum we are aiming for.
(11-05-2023, 10:57 AM)BurleyBaggie Wrote: There’s no doubt we are better balanced this year even with only three additions.

- proper cover at RB
- well stocked at CH

True, but all those mentioned have been considered less than good options in the past. I.e. Chalobah, lazy, disinterested. Fellows, too young. Molumby, headless chicken, poor touch.Ajayi (well mainly me), useless. The fact is CC has got them to buy in.
Kipre shows the difference in Bruce's and Corberan's managerial styles.

Kipre, like Ajayi, is/was very much a mistake-a-game player. One of our shortfalls during Bruce's tenure was our tendency to concede goals even in games we were dominating. Obviously Button was an issue but so were the defenders in front of him. When asked, after one game, how does one solve this problem, Bruce said "sign better players".

Corberan, in a recent interview, said that he had been working on Kipre maintaining his concentration levels throughout a game (instead of switching off at inopportune moments). The result is we have Kipre playing consistently well now.

Another factor, in my opinion, is Bartley playing alongside Kipre, as I think Barts is a grounded defender and I get the impression that he helps Kipre stay focused.
I would say Kipre's biggest strength is being able to anticipate what Bartley is going to do, and then covering him when it goes wrong. As a partnership they work very well together.
(11-05-2023, 06:07 PM)Sliced Wrote: I would say Kipre's biggest strength is being able to anticipate what Bartley is going to do, and then covering him when it goes wrong. As a partnership they work very well together.

Well that is a superpower in itself.