'ull match Fred...
(11-04-2023, 05:37 PM)Lurker#3 Wrote:
(11-04-2023, 05:29 PM)Peachy Wrote:
(11-04-2023, 05:16 PM)Lurker#3 Wrote: Superb second half. After we tweaked the shape we just completely dominated.

Kipre, Matty and Mowatt just sublime again.

Sounded like a great performance. Interested in what tweaks Carlos made Lurker?

Second half he tucked Townsend inside to make more of a three, which allowed us to press abit harder with the remaining players, as we were getting overloaded outside in their breaks when we were holding a high line/share in a blunt 442 first half. 

Then when he made his subs he got them spot on again. Each one helped us gain more control and the balance of the team never got negative at any point. In fact he kept waving his players up the pitch to be brave. That's where our goals came from, fast breaks and plenty of bodies commited forwards. 

Top performance bar 20 mins at the end of the first half.

Cheers Lurker.

He really is a top coach. I'm going to Saints next weekend. Should be a cracker.
Other than their goal where I think Phillips switched off and the scrambles in injury time I don't think they had any good chances.

Second half we were brilliant, definitely a pattern developing
Equal third goals scored unbelievably.
Equal second goals conceded.

Although I find his away tactics frustrating at times, I can't argue with the stats.

And that's with an incredibly long injury list.
We are starting to develop a real structure to our game. Yes, at times I get frustrated at our lack of movement, butwe look so solid. Very Hodson-esque.

If we can get, Swifty, Maja, Sarmiento and Dike back fit and firing. We really could be tough to beat.
(11-04-2023, 05:37 PM)Lurker#3 Wrote:
(11-04-2023, 05:29 PM)Peachy Wrote:
(11-04-2023, 05:16 PM)Lurker#3 Wrote: Superb second half. After we tweaked the shape we just completely dominated.

Kipre, Matty and Mowatt just sublime again.

Sounded like a great performance. Interested in what tweaks Carlos made Lurker?

Second half he tucked Townsend inside to make more of a three, which allowed us to press abit harder with the remaining players, as we were getting overloaded outside in their breaks when we were holding a high line/share in a blunt 442 first half. 

Then when he made his subs he got them spot on again. Each one helped us gain more control and the balance of the team never got negative at any point. In fact he kept waving his players up the pitch to be brave. That's where our goals came from, fast breaks and plenty of bodies commited forwards. 

Top performance bar 20 mins at the end of the first half.

That first half goal was coming down our left all half. I was surprised CC left it untouched for so long, no coincidence Rosenior had Coyle doubling up down that flank all half, and got a reward for it. 

Seemed strange to change shape today, but once again CC pulls it out of the bag.
Grady deserves great praise for his cut in from the wing along the goal like and skimming a player and laying off the ball perfectly timed.

Semi deserves praise for seeing Grady running in and backing away from goal and the defenders in to space, to give Grady an option to pass to.

A great goal.
I told you I’ll be back
Semi could play up front!

Hull are a decent side, really pinned us in early second half and I was getting concerned. Great second goal, Grady really making the difference, great to see him back to his best. Carlos is coming close to challenging Roy and Megson as the best manager we’ve had since I’ve been watching.
Thought Hull had a lot of possession but due to our shape and discipline they were able to create very little .Excellent second half and considering we've got no out and out striker we seem to be able to score goals easily .
A good win. Enjoyable second half. I think its fair to say that in a clash of two young, promising coaches, Carlos beat Rosenior. First half Rosenior had Hull set up well and focused on getting overloads wide, and it worked. Carlos countered, nullified that, and had us better second half.

Carlosball is working.

Only downside was Barts injury. Looked like arm/shoulder?
(11-04-2023, 06:59 PM)MrFizz Wrote: A good win. Enjoyable second half. I think its fair to say that in a clash of two young, promising coaches, Carlos beat Rosenior. First half Rosenior had Hull set up well and focused on getting overloads wide, and it worked. Carlos countered, nullified that, and had us better second half.

Carlosball is working.

Only downside was Barts injury. Looked like arm/shoulder?

Left shoulder, think he dislocated it first half as it looked like it was popped back in.