Missing the good old days.
(11-04-2023, 11:15 AM)Mr vertical Wrote:
(11-04-2023, 10:27 AM)wba13 Wrote: The Accident Hospital spent many an hr in there. Then next door Beer at home means Davenport. Hated the stuff .
Outside loos.
Fools and Horses on Xmas day.

My old man used to work at the garage opposite Davenports on Granville St so I know that area v well. We'd go in their social club for a pint on a Saturday lunchtime. I never went in the accident hospital though.

Making up new words to songs like Jesus Christ Superstar (came round the corner on a Yamaha).

Surely it was “Wears frilly knickers and a fancy bra”

I miss proper pub crawls. 5 pubs in half a mile, no taxis required.

Going for a night out on the bus.

Cootin
(11-04-2023, 12:56 PM)Bob Fossil Wrote:
(11-04-2023, 11:15 AM)Mr vertical Wrote:
(11-04-2023, 10:27 AM)wba13 Wrote: The Accident Hospital spent many an hr in there. Then next door Beer at home means Davenport. Hated the stuff .
Outside loos.
Fools and Horses on Xmas day.

My old man used to work at the garage opposite Davenports on Granville St so I know that area v well. We'd go in their social club for a pint on a Saturday lunchtime. I never went in the accident hospital though.

Making up new words to songs like Jesus Christ Superstar (came round the corner on a Yamaha).

Surely it was “Wears frilly knickers and a fancy bra

I miss proper pub crawls. 5 pubs in half a mile, no taxis required.

Going for a night out on the bus.

Cootin

It was “Playtex bra”.

9/10.  Must try harder Big Grin

Most Covid in London is shire now for bar hopping as some have retained Covid introduced bookings.  If you haven’t booked, you can’t get in.  Fucking wank and ruins the spontaneity of a night out. 

Another blast from the last, a pint in a pub for under 50p.

Things that were shit

Pubs closing from 2:00pm to 5:30pm

Pubs closing at 10:30pm every night

Supermarkets unable to legally sell alcohol on Good Friday. 

Shops closed on Sundays 

Having to make arrangements with your mates where to meet and what time via landline calls.

Unable to find your mates if they left the pub to go to another boozer whilst you were having a piss.
Proper racism
Would rather talk to ChatGPT
Broad street arse pinching. Unabated.
Someone could have been killed
(11-04-2023, 02:50 PM)CaptainFantastico Wrote: Broad street arse pinching. Unabated.

You can get arrested and thrown in jail, these days....
Would rather talk to ChatGPT
White dog pooh is still around.
Milkmen are making a come back cuz they're more eco friendly.
Recycling glass bottles is also making a comeback for the same reasons
I wish the shops would shut on Sundays, to give the workers a break.
(11-04-2023, 05:36 PM)NewWanker Wrote: White dog pooh is still around.
Milkmen are making a come back cuz they're more eco friendly.
Recycling glass bottles is also making a comeback for the same reasons
I wish the shops would shut on Sundays, to give the workers a break.

They do have Sunday and a day off in the week.

I personally feel all shops should be shut on xmas eve and new years day.  Also, pubs and restaurants should not allowed to be open xmas day, just cos people are too fucking lazy to cook a dinner, it means some poor sods have to do it for them and serve to their lazy needs.

A French woman said to me back in 1998 that she thought it crazy the shops in Brum shut at 5:30pm, as you can't go shopping after work.  I had to agree. Why shops cant open at say 11am and shut at 7pm is beyond me.
I used to like newspaper deliveries and the pink Sports Argus on Saturday evenings.
Ricketts. Polio. Smallpox. Amalgam fillings that electrocuted you when biting silver paper. Outside toilets. Yes the good old days were fantastic.
(11-04-2023, 07:12 PM)Brentbaggie Wrote: Ricketts. Polio. Smallpox. Amalgam fillings that electrocuted you when biting silver paper. Outside toilets. Yes the good old days were fantastic.

A bit like the thread the other day reminiscing on 70's football we all like to cherry pick things we enjoyed in the past and gloss over the ugly bits  Big Grin