Officially getting old #78561
(11-02-2023, 10:58 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(11-02-2023, 10:37 AM)CarlosCorbewrong Wrote:
(11-02-2023, 10:30 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(11-02-2023, 09:43 AM)CarlosCorbewrong Wrote: I was alive when The Beatles were releasing music...

You were unlucky to have to have listened to that over-rated crap.

I'd take your comment much more seriously if you didn't like The Jam.

I used to like the jam when they were around. 

Now I’d prefer to listen to house music.  Download dj sets off YouTube and bang then on me MP3 player.

Is FF Wayne Lineker?
(11-02-2023, 09:43 AM)CarlosCorbewrong Wrote: I was alive when The Beatles were releasing music...

Indeed, remember Hey Jude, Get Back on Top Of The Pops.

Also, Albatross, Fleetwood Mac, Honky Tonk Women , Stones, Black Night, Deep Purple, Hot Fun In The Summertime, Sly Stone.
My old man, a dipstick stuck in a 1940`s time warp, said it was all a disgrace, they should have short back & sides and do some square bashing etc. Now, Val Doonican and The Bachelors, thats real music..
Unfortunately for him, my brother preferred The Beach Boys, Hendrix, Led Zep, Cream etc. I`ve grown up the same.
I’m with rock critic David Hepworth, the Beatles are actually underrated. Greatest band of all time, obvs, but there’s so much more
Being brutally honest 
Just listened to that new "Beatles" tune. It's pleasant enough, never going to trouble the all time list but it's not bad.
(11-02-2023, 02:10 PM)Ministry Of Silly Signings Wrote:

Also, Albatross, Fleetwood Mac, Honky Tonk Women , Stones, Black Night, Deep Purple, Hot Fun In The Summertime, Sly Stone.
My old man, a dipstick stuck in a 1940`s time warp, said it was all a disgrace, they should have short back & sides and do some square bashing etc. Now, Val Doonican and The Bachelors, thats real music..
Unfortunately for him, my brother preferred The Beach Boys, Hendrix, Led Zep, Cream etc. I`ve grown up the same.

Love Albatross even to this day. Credence Clearwater’s music but Simon and Garfunkel are my all time favourite Album Bridge over troubled water is still played to this day in our house, cannot stand punk rock and have no interest in present music. My favourite song is stupid as it’s a Simon and Garfunkel song sung by  Disturbed  as David Draiman is a fantastic singer Sound of silence.
(11-02-2023, 02:20 PM)Duffers Wrote: Just listened to that new "Beatles" tune. It's pleasant enough, never going to trouble the all time list but it's not bad.

It's certainly not living up to the hype for me...
In the form of his life.
(11-02-2023, 03:09 PM)Midget In A Pinstripe Suit Wrote:
(11-02-2023, 02:20 PM)Duffers Wrote: Just listened to that new "Beatles" tune. It's pleasant enough, never going to trouble the all time list but it's not bad.

It's certainly not living up to the hype for me...

It was always going to get universal praise as no journo would ever be brave enough to pan it.

Like I said, it's alright, but nowhere near their best work.
(11-02-2023, 02:56 PM)wba13 Wrote:
(11-02-2023, 02:10 PM)Ministry Of Silly Signings Wrote:

Love Albatross even to this day. Credence Clearwater’s music but Simon and Garfunkel are my all time favourite Album Bridge over troubled water is still played to this day in our house, cannot stand punk rock and have no interest in present music. My favourite song is stupid as it’s a Simon and Garfunkel song sung by  Disturbed  as David Draiman is a fantastic singer Sound of silence.

You and me seem to be kindred spirits. Am, as I type, listening to Buffalo Springfield, For What It`s Worth, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Beach Boys `Surfs Up ` album, and ,maybe, David Crosby `If I  Could Only Remember My Name`, to follow.  Can`t stand Punk either.
Obviously never going to be a great song. Lennon could have returned to it in the Double Fantasy/ Milk & Honey sessions if he thought it had potential. Harmless enough but clearly done to shift units of the forthcoming Red and Blue album reissues
Being brutally honest 
(11-02-2023, 03:23 PM)Beachboysbaggie Wrote: Obviously never going to be a great song. Lennon could have returned to it in the Double Fantasy/ Milk & Honey sessions if he thought it had potential. Harmless enough but clearly done to shift units of the forthcoming Red and Blue album reissues

Comes across a bit like after Buddy Holly died, his manager suddenly `discovered` previously un-released songs, to cash in.
Incidentally, BeachBoys, just put on `Wild Honey`, `Here Comes The Night` is, I.M.O. great.