Injuries
Looking at the OS, Dawson may be ok for tomorrow and Barry also had a bug. Matt Phillips might be ready for the weekend. We have obviously missed Harvey Barnes, but to lose Phillips at pretty much the same time, has been a monumental loss. If we ever see a fit Phillips again this season it would be like a new signing.
I would like to see both Barry and Phillips back, but used sparingly until the play offs. Let's hit it with a rested and fully fit squad.
(04-08-2019, 03:31 PM)Tom Joad Wrote: Looking at the OS, Dawson may be ok for tomorrow and Barry also had a bug. Matt Phillips might be ready for the weekend. We have obviously missed Harvey Barnes, but to lose Phillips at pretty much the same time, has been a monumental loss. If we ever see a fit Phillips again this season it would be like a new signing.

Gibbs has also been a miss of late and we do miss Barry's experience. 

As auto seems out of reach after saturday,  we need to now get the 5/6 points we need to get over the line and get everyone fit and raring to go.
(04-08-2019, 04:06 PM)Hopalong Wrote:
(04-08-2019, 03:31 PM)Tom Joad Wrote: Looking at the OS, Dawson may be ok for tomorrow and Barry also had a bug. Matt Phillips might be ready for the weekend. We have obviously missed Harvey Barnes, but to lose Phillips at pretty much the same time, has been a monumental loss. If we ever see a fit Phillips again this season it would be like a new signing.

As auto seems out of reach after saturday,  we need to now get the 5/6 points we need to get over the line and get everyone fit and raring to go.

Don’t disagree but one of the biggest things is gaining momentum and hitting the play offs on the up
(04-08-2019, 04:19 PM)Wotty Wrote:
(04-08-2019, 04:06 PM)Hopalong Wrote:

Don’t disagree but one of the biggest things is gaining momentum and hitting the play offs on the up

I fear that's going to be a real problem with Shan. 

Saturday was the most important game of the season so far and he couldn't get them up for it when we could have closed the gap on auto from 6 to 4 points.  

Due to the absolute ineptitude of our so-called Board,  we are now between a rock and a very hard place.  I don't think everyone is pulling in the same direction.  There are a number of players there who already know they won't be there next season and I'm sure a number have already been contacted by agents about moves.  Absolute shambles.
We need to win a couple then a hit a run of form for four/five games.

Villa fans are feeling confident. If the roles we reversed and we were on their run right now, we'd be stressing about peaking too early. It's how we are built.

Long way to go yet.
History shows the in form team wins the play off's IMO unless I'm losing it? the 3rd placed team lose more often then go up.
I've not checked just a feeling I get. Statto may know ?
Looks like stats show 40% of the time the 3rd place team win promotion.
4th / 5th / 6th are roughly split 20% each - so we will should have a 20% chance
(04-08-2019, 09:12 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote: History shows the in form team wins the play off's IMO unless I'm losing it? the 3rd placed team lose more often then go up.
I've not checked just a feeling I get. Statto may know ?

Don't know the stats, but teams have got promoted from all scenarios.

I'm not saying I'm confident, but I wouldn't be so quick to write us off either.