Crvena Zwezda
(09-20-2023, 11:49 AM)shadman Wrote: My claim to fame is I went to the away game in 79. Think it was March 79.
Travelled with a mate on our own and met Colin Addison on the Friday flight out (he was on his own) so we joined him in the evenings for dinner at his hotel until the players arrived on the Monday.
I've never been so frightened at a match (3 people were killed at the game) and me and my mate bought tickets for the home terracing! We didn't say a word to each other all match.
I was 18 and glad I made it to 19.

Am impressed. Wasn't the majority of the crowd soldiers, mostly in uniform?
(09-20-2023, 02:16 PM)baggiebloke Wrote:
(09-20-2023, 11:49 AM)shadman Wrote: My claim to fame is I went to the away game in 79. Think it was March 79.
Travelled with a mate on our own and met Colin Addison on the Friday flight out (he was on his own) so we joined him in the evenings for dinner at his hotel until the players arrived on the Monday.
I've never been so frightened at a match (3 people were killed at the game) and me and my mate bought tickets for the home terracing! We didn't say a word to each other all match.

yep its the club that was funded by the army
Tony pulis is a wanker 
The programmes for both games are not rare, but never seen these Red Star magazines before - one is a preview and the other a look back.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/192960131127

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/363908388278
(09-20-2023, 02:16 PM)baggiebloke Wrote:

There were some soldiers in uniform but not many if I recall correctly. There were armed mailitia/police separating the seats and terracing (who thought the fighting on the terracing was amusing). The fun started when Partizan fans announced themselves. And no pavement dancing this was serious fighting. We saw one bloke receive a large iron bar on his head who was one of those killed.
(09-20-2023, 11:49 AM)shadman Wrote: My claim to fame is I went to the away game in 79. Think it was March 79.I've never been so frightened at a match (3 people were killed at the game) and me and my mate bought tickets for the home terracing! 
You didn't go to Leeds in 72 then....!
(09-21-2023, 03:10 PM)Johnnykayeengland Wrote:
(09-20-2023, 11:49 AM)shadman Wrote: My claim to fame is I went to the away game in 79. Think it was March 79.I've never been so frightened at a match (3 people were killed at the game) and me and my mate bought tickets for the home terracing! 
You didn't go to Leeds in 72 then....!

I bet there were 10 Yorkie scumbags lying at your feet whilst you lorded it around Beeston in your Crombie overcoat.  

You must have been knocking on 50 back then.....