Just back...
What an absolute fucking shambles. I've had a train journey to reflect so this isn't any kind of knee jerk. Had plenty of chats and laughs on the way home from being held back on the ramp by the police to the train journey itself.

In many respects this was as bad as Ipswich. We are completely rudderless and devoid of leadership (bar the influence of, IN MY OPINION, some senior players) and this result/performance was a direct result of the way we, as a club, conduct ourselves. I had no qualms about Moore being sacked because not only did I think we were under performing but, stupidly, I thought the board would have someone lined up. Of course, we don't know if they had and it fell through but history will suggest that any offer that was turned down was probably due to penny pinching and lack of foresight on our part.

Very few, if any, left with any credit today and can't be arsed with player marks etc.

Have quickly read some threads about Brunt's influence etc and whilst it is all opinion and conjecture something isn't quite right. This club has long suffered players on decent contracts who have consistently not given a shit. They are without doubt not fit enough and there does not appear enough discipline and structure within the club. Dare I say, you could see a turn around in the players attitude when Pulis first arrived and stamped his authority. After he seemingly stopped caring and the clusterfck that has followed it doesn't need a great leap  of faith to make some of the suggestions on previous threads...
Stamping authority is exactly why we need a new manager and ASAP

The board were clueless to leave Shan in charge on the back of three great results but questionable performances at best, today was coming, we all knew it and if we stay in the play offs we shall go into the games with little momentum and cohesion unless Jenkins the clown acts now

Cuzer
(04-06-2019, 08:50 PM)Cuzer Wrote: Stamping authority is exactly why we need a new manager and ASAP

The board were clueless to leave Shan in charge on the back of three great results but questionable performances at best, today was coming, we all knew it and if we stay in the play offs we shall go into the games with little momentum and cohesion unless Jenkins the clown acts now

Cuzer

Agree totally. New man MUST be in for before Saturday. We can get momentum, discipline and organisation in a short timeframe if we get the right man. Roy got us organised away at Stoke within a couple of weeks of taking ove. 

In no way would I want him long term but given our squad the only one on the market who could possibly organise them is Big Sam.
(04-06-2019, 09:03 PM)B36baggie Wrote:
(04-06-2019, 08:50 PM)Cuzer Wrote: Stamping authority is exactly why we need a new manager and ASAP

Cuzer

Agree totally. New man MUST be in for before Saturday. We can get momentum, discipline and organisation in a short timeframe if we get the right man. Roy got us organised away at Stoke within a couple of weeks of taking ove. 

In no way would I want him long term but given our squad the only one on the market who could possibly organise them is Big Sam.
2 nil down and we send on Tyrone Mears! Every Albion supporter in the stadium could tell you that this was a ridiculous substitution, but the dopes on the side somehow worked out that this was the masterplan to get us back into the game. HRK had a mare from minute one but bringing on Edwards in his place would be something that this lot couldn't quite work out. At least today should finally get rid of the idea that we could sack a novice manager, bring in someone with even less experience and hope to make it work.
Although I haven't said too much till now, I was hoping we had someone in mind when Moore was sacked.
Going with another inexperienced manager doesn't fill me with much confidence and the three wins really could have been draws or losses, as we weren't that convincing.
We have missed Barnes and Phillips, also a fit Morrison who drives us from midfield. So we have been limited with our player choice.
Although our player recruitment has been disappointing in general since Ashworth left, so has our manager recruitment.
We really do seem to be acting on how things are going in the short term, rather than having some kind of plan in place.
Hopefully the players can get their act together for Bristol City as another loss is just going to bring further turmoil amongst the fan base and this place will go into meltdown.

FFS hopefully those shysters don't win tomorrow.