Additional Time
It was good to see them implementing the rules concerning adding time for stoppages, however......

In the second half 9 minutes were added - so the game had been stopped for 20% of the time. Apparently, in the 9 additional minutes there was absolutely no stoppages despite several "injuries' and time wasting at free kicks, corners etc. Not that it would have made any difference to us.
We had 7 minutes additional time indicated in both halves of our match, but played an extra couple of minutes in each half.
Can’t stand this rubbish making the games so much longer for little gain.
I just wanted to get out of there after it became apparent in the last thirty minutes that Rovers were more likely to get a third than us get an equaliser so inept Albion became.
The thought of delaying the soaking getting back to the car by another 9 minutes really didn’t appeal.
Have someone independent stop/stop the clock when the play stops is what I want, as employed in rugby. Too much "I know best" by the on and off field officials and also stops the players wasting time.
(08-05-2023, 09:21 PM)YamYam Wrote: Have someone independent stop/stop the clock when the play stops is what I want, as employed in rugby. Too much "I know best" by the on and off field officials and also stops the players wasting time.

I agree with that... but I think we'd have to get used to 20 + minutes injury time if they were accurate...

The average in play time is now less than 60 minutes .
The first action arising from this will be earlier night match kick-offs, unless it has the very immediate effect of killing deliberate time wasting stone dead.

Eddie Howe must be absolutely fuming right now.