Corberan
That should be a first and final warning for him. As much as I have praised him and rate him. That was a fucking shit show. Both his starting line up and the fact he didn't make changes as soon as their second went in. 

If we see a line up with Okay and Chalobah in, or Kipre plays again he should be sacked on the spot. Fuck knows what he's watched in pre season.
I'm not happy with him today as I think his choices cost us the game but sacked on the spot? Give your head a wobble Big Grin
What a moronic post.

Come on Lurker you're better than that.

We don't know the thought process for the starting line up, player fitness levels or any tactical ideas, it failed, and he was probably as frustrated as many were and let it get to him.
(08-05-2023, 04:09 PM)Lurker#3 Wrote: That should be a first and final warning for him. As much as I have praised him and rate him. That was a fucking shit show. Both his starting line up and the fact he didn't make changes as soon as their second went in. 

If we see a line up with Okay and Chalobah in, or Kipre plays again he should be sacked on the spot. Fuck knows what he's watched in pre season.

Final warning?!!!
What I have missed during the close season is the perspective this board brings to every situation.

Can we afford to sack Corberan, even if we wanted to.

Big Grin
Wee bit of an overreaction
Yeh it may have been slightly dramatically worded on reflection... and I am not by any means calling for CC to be sacked.

But if he looks at any of our games where Chalobah and Okay have played together and think it works then he can't be as good as I think he is.

Oh and Kipre was shit before, was shit today, and will continue to be shit. Again, I can't imagine what he's seen to believe otherwise.
(08-05-2023, 04:37 PM)Lurker#3 Wrote: Yeh it may have been slightly dramatically worded on reflection... and I am not by any means calling for CC to be sacked.

But if he looks at any of our games where Chalobah and Okay have played together and think it works then he can't be as good as I think he is.

Oh and Kipre was shit before, was shit today, and will continue to be shit. Again, I can't imagine what he's seen to believe otherwise.

I'll say the issue with Kipre is now we've lost Dara and not replaced him we're not exactly loaded with choices. People were critical of Pieters at centre half last season when he was our second best defender, Bartley has never been convincing and Ajayi usually fucks up at least once per game. Taylor might work but it's a hell of a gamble to throw him him there first up.

Definitely need to push to bring in 3 players, a full back, centre half and winger, for the end of the window but easier said than done.

Chalobah was the more baffling decision.
Dose of realism

For 20 minutes we bossed the game and looked sharper all over the pitch

First goal Townsend was sloppy, from the kick off Kipre sold Chalobah massively short and they scored again, Palmer very poor at near post

Kipre wasn’t bad but was at fault, Townsend wasn’t bad but was at fault

When the game opened up we were way too easy to carve open and that was as much down the midfield imbalance than the individual centre half’s

CC has seen them all pre season so he will know the best two available to play at CH
Starting Chalobah over Mowatt, Swift or TGH was a big call and ultimate he got massively wrong

A mad 60 seconds killed us

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers