Moore or Wood or any other striker
With Wallace, Swift, Maja, Sarmiento, BTA, Phillips we have 6 covering 3 positions, that's without Dike or Diangana, so I'd be surprised if we see another forward come in without one going out.

Seems like, yet again, we are lacking an out and out striker, but that line up should have enough goals to be nowhere near the bottom half.
Why not wait and see come September 1st before saying we have no out and out striker, there is a lot happening behind the scenes at present and after another couple have gone,which I’m sure will happen I think another striker and left back will arrive. We have to get rid of a couple more high earners first.
Look like Grady is on his way, so I would be happy to see a big, tough number 9 come in as a replacement.

Moore, Dike, BTA, Maja, Sarmiento, Phillips, Wallace, Swift. There probably isn't a gap in skillset there in the front positions, which would be th efirst time in some years we can say that. Perhaps since the days of Long, Wingie, Lukaku, Fortune days, obviously a different level, but the same idea.
(08-02-2023, 09:01 AM)Bob Fossil Wrote: With Wallace, Swift, Maja, Sarmiento, BTA, Phillips we have 6 covering 3 positions, that's without Dike or Diangana, so I'd be surprised if we see another forward come in without one going out.

Seems like, yet again, we are lacking an out and out striker, but that line up should have enough goals to be nowhere near the bottom half.

It’s 4 positions that they are needing to cover though isn’t it? Unless you are thinking that we may switch to 4-3-3.
(08-02-2023, 09:01 AM)Bob Fossil Wrote: With Wallace, Swift, Maja, Sarmiento, BTA, Phillips we have 6 covering 3 positions, that's without Dike or Diangana, so I'd be surprised if we see another forward come in without one going out.

Unfortunately several of ones covering are covering other positions too.

We still definitely need someone who can put the ball in the net at least until Dike can walk again.
CC very clear he wants another CF.
We need a 9 without Dike and when he's fit we need cover and competition. He's said this a few times, two per position.
He's getting one...
(08-02-2023, 11:58 AM)OmarLittle Wrote:

It’s 4 positions that they are needing to cover though isn’t it? Unless you are thinking that we may switch to 4-3-3.

You are right, it is 4, including the "10". Hopefully does leave scope for 1 more.
(08-02-2023, 01:25 PM)BurleyBaggie Wrote: He's getting one...

Getting what?