Poll: Where will we finish?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Top Two
3.30%
3 3.30%
Playoffs
30.77%
28 30.77%
7th - 12th
45.05%
41 45.05%
13th - 18th
19.78%
18 19.78%
19th - 21st
0%
0 0%
Relegated
1.10%
1 1.10%
Total 91 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Where will we finish? - 1st August
7-12th - CC is the differentiator but our squad is desperately thin. We're going to have injuries, currently we have to hope someone is able to step up and fill whoever's boots.

Couple more additions, and praying that our defense is better than it looks like it might be without O'Shea, and we can definitely make the playoffs.
(08-01-2023, 07:50 AM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Just outside playoffs.

Squad depth and lack of options worries me right now.

Expecting to change as squad finalises, hopefully for the better.

+1

Luck with injuries and we could sneak in, but I think we will just lack the consistency again and end up about 9th.

So many unknowns this season.
Champions Big Grin
(08-01-2023, 07:56 AM)Malcolm Tucker Wrote:
(08-01-2023, 07:53 AM)Midget In A Pinstripe Suit Wrote: Playoffs, CC being the difference between us and the rest to get us there. I think we sometimes underestimate how fucked other clubs are as well as us.

Agreed. No 13 game head start for the rest of the league this season.

Yes, this.

But we need to back the team from the stands. No more bleating because we only beat a team by one goal when they came to the Hawthorns to be as ugly to play against as possible.
I've gone 7-12th as we stand today. Quality of squad depth worries me and centre half leadership too. Think we are short. That said this view could well change if we make a couple of quality loan signings and Maja coming on board.
I've gone for 13th -18th. Though I do really think it will be between 11th and 17th.
7-12th for me, can't see us sustaining any form, like the end of last season... there'll be peaks of belief and lows of major doubts. In fact I'll plump for 9/10th position.

I don't think CC is as special as a lot seem to think, and the squad is weaker too, and none of the in-comings have inspired me. Hopefully I'll be totally wrong.
I think the top 4 will be the relegated sides plus Boro then a lot of teams trying to sneak into the play offs with the likeliest probably being two of Cov, Sunderland and Swansea IMO. I see us being somewhere in the batch below this depending on who we bring in/lose from now till Sept.
Runners-up!
(08-02-2023, 03:15 PM)baggiebloke Wrote: Runners-up!

That's the spirit.     Big Grin