Incoming
(08-01-2023, 07:01 AM)Peachy Wrote: I'm neither here nor there with TGH but the one thing I would say is I dont think we've ever played him in his best position. As long as I have a hole in my arse he is never a holding or defensive midfielder. Never in a million years. I used to watch him for the kids/stiffs and he was normally out wide as a right midfielder and sometimes winger or wing back.

For me he's neither got the maturity or the footballing brain to play central midfield. He tends to get wound up and make poor decisions but if he is to play there then I'd want him as an attacking player who is absolved of his defensive duties.

He tries really hard, often too hard, which is no bad thing. He's an Albion fan too which again goes in his favour. I think as a bench option he is fine for where we are at but he wouldn't be starting for me.

Also worth noting he was never loaned out to lower leagues to gain experience. I think it shows. You only have to look at Fellows and Andrews in pre season. Both look like they are much more rounded players.

I'd agree with a lot of this.
Rumours saying TGH on way out possible transfer but probably a loan. Blues mentioned.
(08-01-2023, 08:50 AM)wba13 Wrote: Rumours saying TGH on way out possible transfer but probably a loan. Blues mentioned.

Loaning him out isn’t the worst idea provided we don’t agree a rock bottom future fee. We may well need him next season!
(08-01-2023, 09:07 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(08-01-2023, 08:50 AM)wba13 Wrote: Rumours saying TGH on way out possible transfer but probably a loan. Blues mentioned.

Loaning him out isn’t the worst idea provided we don’t agree a rock bottom future fee. We may well need him next season!

I'm not sure what kind of message that would send to him though?
(08-01-2023, 07:01 AM)Peachy Wrote: I'm neither here nor there with TGH but the one thing I would say is I dont think we've ever played him in his best position. As long as I have a hole in my arse he is never a holding or defensive midfielder. Never in a million years. I used to watch him for the kids/stiffs and he was normally out wide as a right midfielder and sometimes winger or wing back.

For me he's neither got the maturity or the footballing brain to play central midfield. He tends to get wound up and make poor decisions but if he is to play there then I'd want him as an attacking player who is absolved of his defensive duties.

He tries really hard, often too hard, which is no bad thing. He's an Albion fan too which again goes in his favour. I think as a bench option he is fine for where we are at but he wouldn't be starting for me.

Also worth noting he was never loaned out to lower leagues to gain experience. I think it shows. You only have to look at Fellows and Andrews in pre season. Both look like they are much more rounded players.

Let’s see how Fellows and Andrews play before making the comparison.
(08-01-2023, 09:13 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:

Ridiculous to compare TGH to Fellows and Andrews.  I’m not a fan of TGH, but TGH he some way ahead of Fellows for sure.  Neither will feature much if at all at WBA.  We could make a make £750k out of them in the future though. 

Andrews I can’t really comment on as only seen play once or twice.  Fellows I’d be stunned if he’s championship standard in 12-18 months.
(08-01-2023, 09:10 AM)WorcsWBA Wrote:
(08-01-2023, 09:07 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote:

I'm not sure what kind of message that would send to him though?

That he signed a 5 year deal not so long back and hasn't done enough to earn a regular starting position here, and we want him to go out, play some football, refine the areas of his game we feel he needs to improve and we will reassess things next summer?

Absolutely. My point being is they both look better players for their loans, albeit in pre season.

FWIW i can see Andrews going back out on loan. Think Fellows will get some opportunities. He's looked extremely focused and determined. Good little player imo.
(08-01-2023, 09:18 AM)RonnieWallwork Wrote: Ridiculous to compare TGH to Fellows and Andrews.  I’m not a fan of TGH, but TGH he some way ahead of Fellows for sure.  Neither will feature much if at all at WBA.  We could make a make £750k out of them in the future though. 

Andrews I can’t really comment on as only seen play once or twice.  Fellows I’d be stunned if he’s championship standard in 12-18 months.

Fellows has shown more in pre-season than other players in the squad who are regarded as Championship quality. On that basis, I think he deserves to be given some game-time during the early stages of the season to see how he does.

However, the fact that Carlos put him in the starting XI against Forest Green rather than Bolton suggests he sees things differently, and I trust Carlos's decisions implicitly.
(08-01-2023, 09:22 AM)Peachy Wrote:

Absolutely. My point being is they both look better players for their loans, albeit in pre season.

FWIW i can see Andrews going back out on loan. Think Fellows will get some opportunities. He's looked extremely focused and determined. Good little player imo.
Andrews has yet to start for the first team in a league game