Spurs ground
(04-03-2019, 07:04 PM)wba13 Wrote: Wonderful ground can’t wait to go there. Just changing subject slightly Man City keep saying there the biggest club in the country, we’ll for me there not the biggest club in Manchester. Yes a brilliant team but to be really big you need to fill your ground the likes of UTD and Liverpool sell out when there not playing well, Man City have loads of empty seats rubbish support.

Playing at Wembley on Saturday. Champions League quarters next week.

This was always going to be a game people sacrifice.

It’s also daft comparing City to United when you consider the red lot have had a 20+ year head start on them when it comes to expanding a fan base.
(04-03-2019, 07:04 PM)wba13 Wrote: Wonderful ground can’t wait to go there. Just changing subject slightly Man City keep saying there the biggest club in the country, we’ll for me there not the biggest club in Manchester. Yes a brilliant team but to be really big you need to fill your ground the likes of UTD and Liverpool sell out when there not playing well, Man City have loads of empty seats rubbish support.

I’ve never heard any one at City, fan or player/staff, claim to be the biggest club in the Country. The best, yes. The biggest, no.
(04-03-2019, 08:49 PM)Dumbo Wrote:

I’ve never heard any one at City, fan or player/staff, claim to be the biggest club in the Country. The best, yes. The biggest, no.

I remain convinced this guy is a troll or a bot or some sort of figment of another poster’s imagination.
They were forking out huge overtime payments for electricians etc in the final few months to get it completed. No wonder it cost so much. £1 billion. When we won't fork out £10m to replace the Halfords.
(04-03-2019, 07:09 PM)KratosBaggie Wrote:

That's how I see it. 

If you're a kid in an Asian country, you want a Utd shirt. Not City.

Bellends alert!

Spurs will NEVER win anything. 

And by the look of Levi's missus tonight it's all about to go tits up!!
I worked night security there from October to January and I've seen it grow from a building site into a magnificent stadium.

I work matchday security there. I was there tonight, running a team in The Market Place in the South stand. It is a truly impressive place, even for non Spurs fans.
(04-03-2019, 09:26 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: They were forking out huge overtime payments for electricians etc in the final few months to get it completed. No wonder it cost so much. £1 billion. When we won't fork out £10m to replace the Halfords.

Jenko would stop you right there at overtime....
Impressive indeed, the NFL will love it
Much like the team, wasted on those Spurs fans. Horrible fuggers.
"....Walking up Tottenham High Road it felt like a coming home with all the same shops and cafes still there and the first sight of the stadium was breathtaking. An enormous Death Star that dominated the entire neighbourhood. The inside of the ground was every bit as impressive as I had been led to believe. Not the facilities – I wasn’t too bothered either way about them as I don’t go to football for the on-tap Diet Coke – but for the giant wall of the South Stand and the proximity to the pitch.

It felt almost as intimate as the old White Hart Lane. Almost. Because even as I was enjoying the new stadium part of me was overwhelmed with nostalgia for the old one. Yes, it was too small and a bit knackered and Spurs have now laid a claim to the big league, but I rather liked things the way they were. The old ground contained years of memories that went well beyond football that I didn’t want to let go and I don’t feel ready to commit to a new relationship with the Death Star. Give it time, I guess."