Commuting using public transport
Seriously outside of London who the hell would do this? 

Unfortunately a fuck up with a car repair and my insurers means I have to travel from Moseley to Leamington by public transport. In theory there are buses every couple of minutes and two trains to choose from...

The bus was rammed, and made slower by the prices changing yesterday and the driver having to explain at EVERY STOP the prices had gone up, and then both train lines are delayed.

What is a 30 minute drive and costs me £3 in diesel tops is going to take an hour and a half and cost about £15 as a round trip.
I have no choice but to get the bus in and out of town everyday-thankfully it’s not the mobile zoo known as the number 11!!
(04-02-2019, 08:02 AM)Ed Hopper Wrote: I have no choice but to get the bus in and out of town everyday-thankfully it’s not the mobile zoo known as the number 11!!

I’ve only ever had the joys of the 11 coming back from the pub in Harbourne when Uber was surging!
The buses in Birmingham are crap but the trains tend to be delayed less than in London, especially Chiltern.
(04-02-2019, 08:00 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote: Seriously outside of London who the hell would do this? 

Unfortunately a fuck up with a car repair and my insurers means I have to travel from Moseley to Leamington by public transport. In theory there are buses every couple of minutes and two trains to choose from...

The bus was rammed, and made slower by the prices changing yesterday and the driver having to explain at EVERY STOP the prices had gone up, and then both train lines are delayed.

What is a 30 minute drive and costs me £3 in diesel tops is going to take an hour and a half and cost about £15 as a round trip.
I don't drive.  Trains aren't always bad and you picked the one day that prices changed on the buses.  You might as well say as a driver, the roads were all up that day, a car had broken down in front of you; you might as well have cought the bus!
Me. Bus from by my house to Cradley station. Train from Cradley to Snow Hill, leg it to New St, train from New St to Longbridge. 1 hour 40 minutes every morning, and the same on the way back. Every day. I'm used to it as I've done it for over 10 years, but it's still regularly infuriating.
(04-02-2019, 09:30 AM)The Real PK Wrote: Me. Bus from by my house to Cradley station. Train from Cradley to Snow Hill, leg it to New St, train from New St to Longbridge. 1 hour 40 minutes every morning, and the same on the way back. Every day. I'm used to it as I've done it for over 10 years, but it's still regularly infuriating.

I have no idea how you manage that. That would drive me insane.

Ended up calling an uber instead of walking the last part of my journey today, only to shut my finger in the door, so thinking that was some kind of karma.
(04-02-2019, 09:44 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote: I have no idea how you manage that.

I fuck about on social media and football messageboards. Big Grin
(04-02-2019, 09:30 AM)The Real PK Wrote: Me. Bus from by my house to Cradley station. Train from Cradley to Snow Hill, leg it to New St, train from New St to Longbridge. 1 hour 40 minutes every morning, and the same on the way back. Every day. I'm used to it as I've done it for over 10 years, but it's still regularly infuriating.

That should be a movie with John Candy!!
(04-02-2019, 09:47 AM)Ed Hopper Wrote:

That should be a movie with John Candy!!

Big Grin

"You can start by wiping that fucking dumbass smile off your rosy fucking cheeks. Then you can get me a fucking automobile. A fucking Datsun, a fucking Toyota, a fucking Mustang, a fucking Buick, four fucking wheels and a seat!"