Shteve
Similar scenario to Mad Mick at Ipswich, they may as well have waited till the end of the season.
In the form of his life.
(04-01-2019, 11:35 AM)The SW4Baggie Wrote:
(04-01-2019, 11:11 AM)Atomic Wrote:
(04-01-2019, 11:08 AM)Duffers Wrote: Getting done by Bolton at home should cost anyone their job....

Ooooh, Big Dave should've gone one game into the season then?  Big Grin

All joking aside, had he been we may well be top by now !

(04-01-2019, 11:19 AM)Mancbaggies Wrote: Very streaky this season.  Dire start, then just behind us before a nosedive. 

John Useless caretaker.  Could see them going for Pisscan Clarke or even Holloway

Thought Holloway left because he was tired of having nothing to spend...

Not a chance Clarke would go there... his stock is high at present, and can’t see him risking his reputation on that clusterfuck. Would think he’s nailed on for Fulham in the summer.

Would take him back here too mind...

Would you really mon? Victim of politics but is his overall record good enough. Struggled at Reading too - when they still had a budget
(04-01-2019, 01:28 PM)Mancbaggies Wrote:
(04-01-2019, 11:35 AM)The SW4Baggie Wrote:
(04-01-2019, 11:11 AM)Atomic Wrote:
(04-01-2019, 11:08 AM)Duffers Wrote: Getting done by Bolton at home should cost anyone their job....

Ooooh, Big Dave should've gone one game into the season then?  Big Grin

All joking aside, had he been we may well be top by now !

(04-01-2019, 11:19 AM)Mancbaggies Wrote: Very streaky this season.  Dire start, then just behind us before a nosedive. 

John Useless caretaker.  Could see them going for Pisscan Clarke or even Holloway

Thought Holloway left because he was tired of having nothing to spend...

Not a chance Clarke would go there... his stock is high at present, and can’t see him risking his reputation on that clusterfuck. Would think he’s nailed on for Fulham in the summer.

Would take him back here too mind...

Would you really mon? Victim of politics but is his overall record good enough. Struggled at Reading too - when they still had a budget

There was enough about Clarke for me to think with a supportive DoF he could be successful here.

He’s shown at Killie he can manage, and prior to McDonut arriving he was doing a very tidy job with us. Similarly he was doing very well at Reading until the fall out over the Fulham job destabilised everything.

When I compare him to the likes of Alex Neil I know who I’d rather it went to.
I wouldn't be averse to Clarke returning. I also believe he's a better manager now than when he was here. He's always been a first class coach too so I doubt that has changed.

Worked well with youngsters at Chelsea and I'm sure would look at our academy and see the potential.

We could do a lot worse. What we don't know of course is how his relationship with Jenkins was like.

We could do a lot worse imo but for some reason I can't see him returning.
(04-02-2019, 08:15 AM)Peachy Wrote: I wouldn't be averse to Clarke returning. I also believe he's a better manager now than when he was here. He's always been a first class coach too so I doubt that has changed.

Worked well with youngsters at Chelsea and I'm sure would look at our academy and see the potential.

We could do a lot worse. What we don't know of course is how his relationship with Jenkins was like.

We could do a lot worse imo but for some reason I can't see him returning.

We could and have done a lot fugging worse!